• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

I'd like Paul Hurst, possibly Mark Warburton or Ian Holloway and Harry Kewell may be more "star factor" that RM likes and his teams have played good football, though not sure that's what we need right now.

Could certainly do worse than Darrell Clarke but wouldn't be high on my list.

Steve Evans, Kevin Nolan or Lee Clark would be awful.

My feeling is relegation is already accepted even if not actaully wanted or given up on....

If they’ve accepted a worse case scenario then offloading manager and staff I think you’ll see it closely followed by high earners....a move towards a 3 year plan to get out of league two with home grown players....a massively reduced wage bill and a new stadium in 2022??
SPending a load of money on sacking the manager whilst we are still not actually in the relegation zone? I think sacking the manager looking for a new manager bounce is quite the opposite of accepting relegation already lol

Paul Hurst is a good L1 manager, im sure he will have learnt from his time at Ipswich too. Did a great job at Shrews and Grimsby, though I imagine he might want to stay up north, probably favourite for the Scuntorpe job.

Paul Hurst is evens for the Scunthorpe job so that seems more likely.

You can get 7/1 on Duncan at Skybet and it pays out if he is in charge for 10 games as caretaker

I think we should go for a non league manager who is performing well. We need someone who doesn’t know the players who can come in with an open mind. Some of these players need the riot act read to them as it feels like they have been sleep walking towards relegation for weeks.

The issue any new manager is going to have is sorting out our midfield. This year there has been no ‘bite’ when we haven’t got the ball and no creativity when we have. Too many lacklustre performers in this area that have contributed to our current situation.

With 7 games to go the replacement must be lined up otherwise its just stupid timing. We cant afford to be "manager-less" for any of these games.

The other problem will be Ron's desire to make us happy- so the danger is "names" who have proved nothing as manager whether ex-players or not. We will want people who won't come in 100 years (our target lists on here tend towards the delusional).

If it was purely about ensuring we stayed up then he would get Steve Evans in. If we got someone we "liked" in and the price is going down would we prefer that.

Rob Small – Bowers & Pitsea
Small, 33, has taken a small club from the bottom of the Essex Senior League to the brink of Step 3 football. Along the way his side reached the FA Vase final, won promotion and finished in the play-off places last season.

This is the kind of manager I'd like us to take a chance on

Please, no more club legends
Why? They have a genuine interest and passion for the club, they also galvanise the support much more quickly for a very urgent relegation dog fight required

Do I want some journeyman manager with no affiliation to the club...not really!

And what to say one of our legends won't make a fantastic manager - Tillson (with Brush) was fantastic for the first 5 years or so....

There really is only on Adam Barrett!!

Back