• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

Does anyone listen to TalkSPORT? Darren Moore has been crucified by Wedt Brom fans as absolutely clueless.....

And if Steve Evans comes near this club I’ll never watch another game or make another post!!!

! He got West Brom up to 4th in the league! West Brom fans love him! The owner never wanted him probably because he was not the right colour. If you listen to Talksport you would know that!

First thing we have no spare cash to bring an outsider in.
We have Duncan in situe. Who knows every player at our club, when an outsider will not know most.
He has been successful with youths over many years.
I say put him in overall charge with King Kevin. What have we got to lose.
Powell goes on gardening leave and give bonus to Duncan and Kev when we stay up!!!!!!
Simples.

Kevin Maher interim manager from Wednesday 13/03/2019 ....couldn't do any worse

Are you a f..King idiot! He got West Brom up to 4th in the league! West Brom fans love him! The owner never wanted him probably because he was not the right colour. If you listen to Talksport you would know that!

Wow.....seriously?

I’m not an f ing idiot no. I think all of my posts would lay testament to that and so would other posters whether they’ve agreed with me or not.

To lay the blame at racism is beyond a joke btw too.

What I listened to was caller after caller repeatedly saying what a smashing guy he was but tactically clueless and really not done a good job.

Where you are in the league is irrelevant....success is based simply on reletive capability and 4th when you have the squad to be better doesn’t automatically mean successful

Last edited:
I'm not saying he should get it, but Barrett could be a viable option.

If you want someone that would lift the crowd, someone with passion for the badge, someone that would not allow this defensive embarrassment, he'd probably get a lot of votes.

People will talk about lack of management experience, I dont think it matters at this stage, just look at what Coughlan is doing! I just think he could take this situation by the scruff of the neck. Plus, plenty of other managers have gone into jobs without experience.

Powell has looked lacklustre and depleted before a ball has been kicked for many weeks now. Admittedly injuries have been terrible but they can't be used as an excuse for woeful defending and player selections.

I just can't believe the hole we are in and we need something to lift us quick!

Cannot understand Adam calling, Millwall could go down this season, what could he bring apart from a previous player with passion

Rumour has it he still scouting for Spurs and also doesn't meet with players until 2pm at Roots Hall for a home match?

Ok, Maher & Barratt.

Let’s put the fact that they are completely untried & untested, to one side for a moment.

I can’t imagine Barratt would leave his current job, for the unattractive offer of 7/8/9 games in charge of us. He might well love this club, but as a family man, I’m sure he’d want something a little more permanent that 2-months work.

And what worries me is, If he took it on a 1-year deal, regardless if we went down or not, there’s still the overwhelming possibility that his lack of experience in a managerial role, won’t see us perform any better than what we’re doing now. Thus leading to more of the same next season.

Maher is in a similar position. Once he takes up the reigns of the top job, it’s almost guaranteed that he won’t be dropping back down to manage our Under 23’s again. Again, like with Barratt, this season would be a write-off, and his judging would begin next season. If that didn’t get off to a flyer, (which is very possible), then you could simply rehash these threads & replace Powell’s name with King Kev’s. That ti me, seems like a massive risk, for someone who’s just starting out in their managerial career.

However, that being said, I fully accept that these opinions are completely arbitrary, and aren’t necessarily right or wrong.

Wow.....seriously?

I’m not an f ing idiot no. I think all of my posts would lay testament to that and so would other posters whether they’ve agreed with me or not.

To lay the blame at racism is beyond a joke btw too.

What I listened to was caller after caller repeatedly saying what a smashing guy he was but tactically clueless and really not done a good job.

Where you are in the league is irrelevant....success is based simply on reletive capability and 4th when you have the squad to be better doesn’t automatically mean successful

Sorry, a bit frustrated and taking it out on the forum.

I listen to talk sport and have heard different. Darren Moore has proven to be a very capable manager. You do not get a club up to 4th in the Championship on luck. I am not a fan of Adrian Durham but listen to what he said yesterday on drivetime.

Back