• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

FFS, it's a business - as such you select the best available applicant for the job whether you like them or not - it's not a popularity contest , if it was then SCP would have a job for life.

But it's all irrelevant in any case until RM decides otherwise.

Plenty of options out there who would I'm sure take it til the end of the season and maybe further as a project, at football league level and not looking at delusional big names way out of budget. Depending on finances I'd say possibly Ian Holloway, Darrell Clarke, Steve Evans, Gary Rowett, Paul Hurst & Paul Clement as well as some more obscure

Give Maher the job as caretaker manager with Duncan as his assistant until the end of the season,( no cost to the club ), in the meantime RM should look at a former striker as next manager ,we had too many past defenders as managers lately ,time for a change . After all isnt Solskaer doing an excellent job at Man U.

Get an attacking coach in and allow the players some freedom to express themselves, lets see if they can play.

I know you'll laugh, but I know Roy McDonough would love it. I'm sure he'll be called a football dinosaur... but Mick Harford's not doing too bad a job, in better working conditions, admittedly! At least he'd get a bit of spirit back in to the club for the run in (not that type of spirit, though). Stranger things have happened in football...

Couldn't agree with you more... I really did laugh.

I’d say Steve Evans till the end of season either way he would sort it out.
He would be a different approach a bit more old school in the way of dealing with things.
If it didn’t work and we still went down under him then he would make massive changes in the summer and we would be a force next season be it in league 1or 2.
No player would be able to relax as he doesn’t accept failures however Ron would need to back him as he loves to wheel and deal.
I don’t like the bloke much but he does get results.

If Evans comes in, then I will seriously consider not going. I don't want that vile man, who shouldn't ever be allowed near a football club ever again, having anything to do with my club.

MORNIN’

Steve Evans. Christ. Players hate him! Everyone hates him. Not sure what parallel universe that’s in but I hope I never have to live in it.

Ian Holloway. Who’s paying for that then?

All things considered I think I’d rather stick with CP, providing he does the following;

Makes Cox captain
Drops Dieng
Drops Mantom
Drops Turner
Plays 442
Gives Wabo a chance

Gives the entire squad a very hard kick up the backside and gets tough

We need a do or die attitude starting Saturday, as I’m sure Wimbledon will be fighting for their lives. (And we are too now)

One more thing, and this is down to us!

Let’s get behind the team on Saturday - make it a cup tie atmosphere, and absolutely NO negativity towards any players or staff

Back