• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

Plus we've had the sort of luck on the pitch with flukey own goals & wind assisted crosses/goals that makes you wonder what God's got against us.
Yep even think Scunnys 2nd goal last night was an own goal for Hyam maybe? The Scunny player was suprised to see his name down as the scorer. Not seen the highlights yet and in fact I might not even bother to watch them.

But it's only youngsters he has binned after a defeat - when has he dropped Mantom or Dieng?

Hutchinson got binned, Klass has been binned - and they aren't the only ones.

It's not like they have played that often, so why do they keep getting left out?

I’d agree with this point. I do accept that young players need to be dipped in and out at times but the dipping out but is crucial....it shouldn’t be too often and it shouldn’t be after doing well...that just destroys confidence and makes them question what they did wrong....

The key to young players is let them ride the crest of a wave and play off Adrenalin and then spot quickly when that enthusiasm has played its part and pull them just before a real dip in form...

Dru was allowed to hit a real dip when having had no pre season he came back looking good but was very much playing on Adrenalin and was always about to hit a dip.....he was pushed and pushed until he hit rock bottom and then got crucified!!!

Bishop is just having that dip now but has still made some great saves in isolation.....

Hutchinson didn’t get to play back to back games despite doing well on his debut....(but was a victim of a terrible result v Plymouth...which looking at them now wasn’t actually that bad)....he did well at Accrington and again was left out and not been seen since...

Charlie needed to be an impact sub and nothing else and needed to play 23s in between but he didn’t - he was 1st team and nothing else and lost some momentum as he sat on the bench not being used for several games...Hutchinson came on ahead of him v Pompey and Accrington (Charlie wasn’t used in either!) and then Charlie suddenly starts as Hutchinson didnt even make the bench in the next game!

Klass apparently changed the game v Pompey, did well v Accrington, then got hung out to dry v Barnsley and hasn’t even made the bench since!!!

I’m not sure if this is good management or not....I honestly don’t know.

Well this thread is more depressing than the second half yesterday.

Maybe people are trying to frighten Ron into not making a change?

First thing we have no spare cash to bring an outsider in.
We have Duncan in situe. Who knows every player at our club, when an outsider will not know most.
He has been successful with youths over many years.
I say put him in overall charge with King Kevin. What have we got to lose.
Powell goes on gardening leave and give bonus to Duncan and Kev when we stay up!!!!!!
Simples.

His work with the academy for a start.

Cannot understand Adam calling, Millwall could go down this season, what could he bring apart from a previous player with passion

Season ticket sales.

I know you'll laugh, but I know Roy McDonough would love it. I'm sure he'll be called a football dinosaur... but Mick Harford's not doing too bad a job, in better working conditions, admittedly! At least he'd get a bit of spirit back in to the club for the run in (not that type of spirit, though). Stranger things have happened in football...

Christ almighty, how many copies of your book have you got left to shift?

If we are going to have Steve Evans then why not Owen Oyston as chairman wile were at it and Rolf Harris as Sammy the Shrimp, with Gary Glitter as Blue Bell dance co-ordinator

If we are going to have Steve Evans then why not Owen Oyston as chairman wile were at it and Rolf Harris as Sammy the Shrimp, with Gary Glitter as Blue Bell dance co-ordinator

Sometimes you can post some really good posts and then other times you don’t half post some pure drivel!

Rowett
Tim Sherwood
Ian Holloway

The above imo would all inspire us to get the desired points to survive

Hard to believe we weren't in a vastly different situation this time last season & CP came in and we nearly made the play-offs! New manager bounce I guess. I'd love CP to keep us up, get a full fit squad back for next season & then see how it goes. I know we're not allowed to blame injuries and of course confidence is shattered. But we've played most of this season with probably half a normal first team. We havent just lost squad players, we've lost our captain and one of our best players, we've lost both our top scorer AND the guy brought in to replace him, for large chunks of the season we've lost vital players in all areas, including having to play pretty much a youth team goalkeeper! I like Bishop but do we honestly think Oxley wouldn't have kept out a fair few of the goals conceded recently? Dru had his head turned & has never been the same since. Plus we've had the sort of luck on the pitch with flukey own goals & wind assisted crosses/goals that makes you wonder what God's got against us. I agree CP appears to be struggling to motivate the players we have got, but at this level you just can't lose so many first team players in vital areas and it not have an effect. Blimey even Man City would notice losing as many first team regulars as we have this season.
Vital area is midfield and its there we are being let down week after week and its CPs midfield ,also we not been blighted by injuries there, just players who cant be bothered to give 110%.Dru apart they all CPs signings.

I’d agree with this point. I do accept that young players need to be dipped in and out at times but the dipping out but is crucial....it shouldn’t be too often and it shouldn’t be after doing well...that just destroys confidence and makes them question what they did wrong....

The key to young players is let them ride the crest of a wave and play off Adrenalin and then spot quickly when that enthusiasm has played its part and pull them just before a real dip in form...

Dru was allowed to hit a real dip when having had no pre season he came back looking good but was very much playing on Adrenalin and was always about to hit a dip.....he was pushed and pushed until he hit rock bottom and then got crucified!!!

Bishop is just having that dip now but has still made some great saves in isolation.....

Hutchinson didn’t get to play back to back games despite doing well on his debut....(but was a victim of a terrible result v Plymouth...which looking at them now wasn’t actually that bad)....he did well at Accrington and again was left out and not been seen since...

Charlie needed to be an impact sub and nothing else and needed to play 23s in between but he didn’t - he was 1st team and nothing else and lost some momentum as he sat on the bench not being used for several games...Hutchinson came on ahead of him v Pompey and Accrington (Charlie wasn’t used in either!) and then Charlie suddenly starts as Hutchinson didnt even make the bench in the next game!

Klass apparently changed the game v Pompey, did well v Accrington, then got hung out to dry v Barnsley and hasn’t even made the bench since!!!

I’m not sure if this is good management or not....I honestly don’t know.

I think it is bad management - whenever we don't perform it's the youngsters that get binned - that's not goping to make them feel good.

I also notice how CP never seems to drop the midfielders he signed, but it constantly happy to leave out the others - is there a bit of favouritism going on!!

For those calling for Powell’s head, Suggest someone to replace him.....

When considering a replacement, please take into consideration these factors:

1) We don’t have a lot of funds

2) We have half a squad (with some on the cusp of a return)

3) We’re in a relegation battle.

Genuinely interested to know WHO would want this job right now.

Oh, and answer such as “anyone else will do” and “Young and hungry” doesn’t count. I’d like to hear actual names
Difficult to know what's gone wrong with Chris P. Probably the fans choice post Brown and his record at Charllton and Huddersfield was good. Also Ken and Matthew came with him as an experienced team. No confidence in the team at the moment. One mistake or a goal behind and heads drop. For me it's too late to change this season. The only guy who worked a similar 'miracle' was Barry Fry and he had more than eight games!

I think the fixture list didn't help in regards to confidence: In January we beat Bradford 0-4 and then lost the following week (narrowly) to high flying Luton. If we'd played someone like Wimbledon instead, and beat them, the tiny shoots of confidence may have taken root and there is every possibility none of these threads would exist. Who knows?

Then again we turned around 0-3 vs Portsmouth but ground out a draw vs lowly Accrington (where Humphreys got injured).

Having to change the back line every week is really not helping especially when it comes to our defensive record of late.

You'd want experience, so that would rule out Maher, Barrett etc to me.

Rowett is the obvious choice, should he want it and should it come to it I feel.

Clarke would be an interesting one, but has never been in this situation before. Warburton would also be considered I would think.

Evans, Holloway - no thank you.

Back