• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

Just to reassure people,

Rumour is apparently according to a couple of Gills fan forums... Steve Evans has been showing up to Gillingham's last 4 games and was spotted by Radio Kent talking to their chairman in the stands.

Needless to say, they seem about as ecstatic about that appointment as we would be.

However there was one funny post that made me chuckle... it went along the lines of...........

"If true.... shares in the Gordon Road chippy have just gone off the scale in the FTSE 100 index"

:Smile:

People are moaning at Chris Powell's supposed negativity and then championing Rowett. Hmm.

Difficult to know what's gone wrong with Chris P. Probably the fans choice post Brown and his record at Charllton and Huddersfield was good. Also Ken and Matthew came with him as an experienced team. No confidence in the team at the moment. One mistake or a goal behind and heads drop. For me it's too late to change this season. The only guy who worked a similar 'miracle' was Barry Fry and he had more than eight games!
Yes, Fry did have more than eight games.....it was NINE. Coincidentally the same as we now have remaining. In those games we took 16 points, including 2 of my all-time best games that I have seen; Sunderland 2 Blues 4, and Blues 1 West Ham 0. For that game alone, I would never run down Bazza the way many fans do.

The way 'Judas' walked out on us, after what he'd said was unforgivable IMO.
However when he was here, his enthusiasm was incredible & he def kept us up.
Every person has a different character, but how I wish CP had some of 'Judas's ' DNA in him.

People are moaning at Chris Powell's supposed negativity and then championing Rowett. Hmm.

Replying to my own post here but I think Gary Rowett is the only manager I have ever seen have his team start time wasting before the 30-minute mark.

Difficult to know what's gone wrong with Chris P. Probably the fans choice post Brown and his record at Charllton and Huddersfield was good. Also Ken and Matthew came with him as an experienced team. No confidence in the team at the moment. One mistake or a goal behind and heads drop. For me it's too late to change this season. The only guy who worked a similar 'miracle' was Barry Fry and he had more than eight games!

He wasn't the real Messiah... Steve Thompson was!

Have stayed out of this post so far, but it’s an excellent question: if people want SCP out then it’s only right they put forward a name.

After much deliberation, I’ve settled on a suggestion... I would like SCP from last season please. You don’t get that sort of performance without knowing what you’re doing or having the team playing for you. I know what’s happened this season, as I’ve has the misfortune of watching the majority of games, home and away. I can’t explain it. I could easily presuppose ans be alarmist, but then I’d be no better than our embarrassingly incompetent government. It’s easy to call for a new manager and maybe that is the right call, but I’m not convinced it is and I have no idea who else would do the necessary in the time available.

In conclusion, I have no idea how to answer the OP, but then I’m not the Chairman so I don’t have to!!

Jose Mourinho....Jose Mourinho...

Too many beers and so ****ed off with what has unfolded this season...

Maher and Duncan would be ****e.....it needs to be an impact manager who can inspire a turnaround...,,this isn’t about the longer term this is about league One Survival...

Get Adam Barrett in if we go down let’s at least go down fighting!

Maher until the end if the season for me. Keep Powell, we're going down. At least Kev wouldn't cost any extra on wages. Who knows, we could get the Solskjaer effect?!

Back