• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
For those calling for Powell’s head, Suggest someone to replace him.....

When considering a replacement, please take into consideration these factors:

1) We don’t have a lot of funds

2) We have half a squad (with some on the cusp of a return)

3) We’re in a relegation battle.

Genuinely interested to know WHO would want this job right now.

Oh, and answer such as “anyone else will do” and “Young and hungry” doesn’t count. I’d like to hear actual names

Unpopular opinion but as much as I hate the fat **** I’d take Steve Evans to get us out of this rut. (Lucky we don’t have red rep as I’d have received a **** load for this) As you’ve stated we don’t have a lot of money so I doubt we would be able to afford him.

Someone with passion and pride because Powell is a broken man and that attitude is obviously transcending to the players.

Put Powell on gardening leave. Put Maher in charge. Won't cost us anything and will at least give us a chance to change it. Under Powell we will go down

Maher and Duncan.

What’s the worst that can happen? We either go down without a fight like we are going to under CP or with bring in some new voices, some new ideas and try something different. If it doesn’t work at least we tried.

Adam Barrett and Kevin Mayer. Leaders on and off the pitch, with built in passion for Southend United. It’s what’s needed now.

Some (not all!) posters on here would do a better job than Powell!

Darren Moore

Does anyone listen to TalkSPORT? Darren Moore has been crucified by Wedt Brom fans as absolutely clueless.....

And if Steve Evans comes near this club I’ll never watch another game or make another post!!!

Adam Barrett and Kevin Mayer. Leaders on and off the pitch, with built in passion for Southend United. It’s what’s needed now.

Unless Nathan Jones gets the boot from Stoke no more ex players please. Especially if they have no managerial experience.

Does anyone listen to TalkSPORT? Darren Moore has been crucified by Wedt Brom fans as absolutely clueless.....

And if Steve Evans comes near this club I’ll never watch another game or make another post!!!
Talkspot chats more **** than this forum.

I'm not saying he should get it, but Barrett could be a viable option.

If you want someone that would lift the crowd, someone with passion for the badge, someone that would not allow this defensive embarrassment, he'd probably get a lot of votes.

People will talk about lack of management experience, I dont think it matters at this stage, just look at what Coughlan is doing! I just think he could take this situation by the scruff of the neck. Plus, plenty of other managers have gone into jobs without experience.

Powell has looked lacklustre and depleted before a ball has been kicked for many weeks now. Admittedly injuries have been terrible but they can't be used as an excuse for woeful defending and player selections.

I just can't believe the hole we are in and we need something to lift us quick!

Back