• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SULFC Boots And Laces Appeal

Bluebelle Babe

Southend United Ladies FC have set up an appeal to be given to Ronald Martin to play and train at Boots & Laces instead of running in mud at Southend Manor FC.

Say yes if you agree (need loads of signatures for them to let us)

Yes. Why not? Affiliated to the club, so why can't they play on the club's facilities?

probably because it costs money and they want the grounds for SUFC reasons... in the end i'm sure there is a reason why they play at Manor

probably because it costs money and they want the grounds for SUFC reasons... in the end i'm sure there is a reason why they play at Manor

Blues ladies are part of the club tho, running a 1st team and U15 academy

They are a part of the club if they bear the club's name. I doubt it's any great cost on top we already pay for ground upkeep. And Large swathes of Boots and Laces go unused for half the week anyway, so it doesn't really hamper the first team's use of it does it?

They are a part of the club if they bear the club's name. I doubt it's any great cost on top we already pay for ground upkeep. And Large swathes of Boots and Laces go unused for half the week anyway, so it doesn't really hamper the first team's use of it does it?

and it already cost southend money for the ladies to use Southend Manors ground

i mean that they want it for the mens.. I'm no expert on this so I was just wondering if the club had given you a reason for why you had to play over at Manor (I'm sure they have) and after hearing that then I'll vote either way

also you can set up an online petition here

After what Charlton did to there Ladies team this year..which IMO was an utter disgrace....Why shouldn't the club help the ladies team ...

Good luck with your appeal to RM ...

After what Charlton did to there Ladies team this year..which IMO was an utter disgrace....Why shouldn't the club help the ladies team ...

Good luck with your appeal to RM ...

What did they do then? Haven't heard about this.

For those that know the lay-out of Boots & Laces, as I understand it, the main pitch is only used for first-team training and Under-18s matches, the second area is used for first-team training (set up with training grids and so on) whilst the far pitch (the one closest to where the new stadium at Fossetts Farm will hopefully be), is used on Saturday and Sunday for Centre of Excellence fixtures.

I believe that Tilly, probably quite rightly in all honesty, does not want the main pitch - closest to the dressing rooms - over-used, and the Under-18s regularly use the Cecil Jones-owned pitches on the adjacent land for training puposes, when not involved in first-team training drills themselves.

As such, it would be pretty difficult for Southend Ladies to use the far pitches since they are generally used by the CofE, although when I watched the now defunct Southend Ladies, they did use that pitch. I think they played the majority of their games at Cupids in Wakering though...

BlueBelle Babe, what day(s) do SULFC train? I would imagine it would be week-night(s), and as such, only the astroturf would be a viable pitch at B&L. I'd certainly say that this would be in order.

Whilst the pitch at Southend Manor isn't great, and isn't conducive to wonderful football, if my reading of the situation is correct, I don't really see how SUFC can offer B&L for matches.

I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I've got any of the above wrong.

What did they do then? Haven't heard about this.

When they were relegated from the Prem they dumped all of the Ladies footie teams and the Ladies Academy even though they have windfall payments for the drop into the Championship...

Charlton Athletic: Ladies Team No More (25 June 2007)
Very rarely do i find myself talking about women's football, but following the announcement that Charlton are disbanding the entire women's section of the football club, with a total of 140 jobs being made redundant, it seems a fairly unavoidable topic to address.

Full story here.
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/06/23/costcutting_charlton_scrap_wom.html

When the were relegated from the Prem they dumped all of the Ladies footie teams and the Ladies Academy even though they have windfall payments for the drop into the Championship...

Charlton Athletic: Ladies Team No More (25 June 2007)
Very rarely do i find myself talking about women's football, but following the announcement that Charlton are disbanding the entire women's section of the football club, with a total of 140 jobs being made redundant, it seems a fairly unavoidable topic to addess.

Disgraceful. Weren't Charlton Ladies pretty successful too? Hardly think theyneeded to do that. Not only do they get parachute payments, but they also got 17m pounds for D.Bent!

Disgraceful. Weren't Charlton Ladies pretty successful too? Hardly think theyneeded to do that. Not only do they get parachute payments, but they also got 17m pounds for D.Bent!

Yes and it only cost them 250k a year to run the ladies teams.

For those that know the lay-out of Boots & Laces, as I understand it, the main pitch is only used for first-team training and Under-18s matches, the second area is used for first-team training (set up with training grids and so on) whilst the far pitch (the one closest to where the new stadium at Fossetts Farm will hopefully be), is used on Saturday and Sunday for Centre of Excellence fixtures.

I believe that Tilly, probably quite rightly in all honesty, does not want the main pitch - closest to the dressing rooms - over-used, and the Under-18s regularly use the Cecil Jones-owned pitches on the adjacent land for training puposes, when not involved in first-team training drills themselves.

As such, it would be pretty difficult for Southend Ladies to use the far pitches since they are generally used by the CofE, although when I watched the now defunct Southend Ladies, they did use that pitch. I think they played the majority of their games at Cupids in Wakering though...

BlueBelle Babe, what day(s) do SULFC train? I would imagine it would be week-night(s), and as such, only the astroturf would be a viable pitch at B&L. I'd certainly say that this would be in order.

Whilst the pitch at Southend Manor isn't great, and isn't conducive to wonderful football, if my reading of the situation is correct, I don't really see how SUFC can offer B&L for matches.

I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I've got any of the above wrong.

thanks for clearing that up... i don't think RM is going out of his way to **** of the ladies, but like you explained i just don't think that BnL could host the Ladies every week along with the CoE, Youth and first team training

thanks for clearing that up... i don't think RM is going out of his way to **** of the ladies, but like you explained i just don't think that BnL could host the Ladies every week along with the CoE, Youth and first team training

Can see what people are saying here, but I'm sure some kind of rota with the Ladies and the CofE could be drawn up. I don't see why the CofE get more of a claim to a training pitch than the Ladies do.

Can see what people are saying here, but I'm sure some kind of rota with the Ladies and the CofE could be drawn up. I don't see why the CofE get more of a claim to a training pitch than the Ladies do.

The CofE will use the pitch(es) every weekend from the start of September to the end of March (see page 30 of today's match programme for more info), save for public holidays, which does make it difficult.

I think the CofE have a higher claim to the use of the pitch, largely because there is a clear path to the first-team and the best possible facilities should be made available for youngsters, and also because Southend United Ladies, in their current entity, are only in their second season.

But, that said, I'm certainly not against SULFC getting more publicity and having a growing affinity with Southend United, and perhaps if they used Boots & Laces for a couple of high-profile fixtures, that would be a suitable compromise. The problem is that there is no coverage of SULFC in the programme and very little on the official website, and only with a really committed individual getting them some publicity and doing some match reports will they ever get any sort of connection going with SUFC in the eyes of supporters.

The CofE will use the pitch(es) every weekend from the start of September to the end of March (see page 30 of today's match programme for more info), save for public holidays, which does make it difficult.

I think the CofE have a higher claim to the use of the pitch, largely because there is a clear path to the first-team and the best possible facilities should be made available for youngsters, and also because Southend United Ladies, in their current entity, are only in their second season.

But, that said, I'm certainly not against SULFC getting more publicity and having a growing affinity with Southend United, and perhaps if they used Boots & Laces for a couple of high-profile fixtures, that would be a suitable compromise. The problem is that there is no coverage of SULFC in the programme and very little on the official website, and only with a really committed individual getting them some publicity and doing some match reports will they ever get any sort of connection going with SUFC in the eyes of supporters.

I have to agree there. If they get use of B&L then they really need to get themselves more closely affiliated with the club in other aspects, meaning coverage in the programme and on the website.

Southend United Ladies FC have set up an appeal to be given to Ronald Martin to play and train at Boots & Laces instead of running in mud at Southend Manor FC.

Say yes if you agree (need loads of signatures for them to let us)

Why not going onto one of those petition websites and set up a online petition and get everyone on here to sign it.

I will definatly sign it.

Back