• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I have been gossiping about Rutherford like a couple of giggling schoolgirls on the playground. I'm desperate for us to sign him.

Would also throw Ryan Seager of Hungerford into the mix for potential striking options. Former Southampton youngster, tumbled out of the EFL after a spell with Yeovil and needed to find his feet, but has scored 40 in 52 for Hungerford in the division below in the last season and a half. Believe he's out of contract this summer.

I'd also have loved to see us go for Matt Briggs to complete a double swoop on Dorking. Pacey winger/forward who scores and creates. Seemed to be many non-league journalists' choice for Player of the Season in National League South until he did his knee ligaments a few months ago. Think he's out until the end of the calendar year.

Would like to see us go for Connor Johnson at Kettering. 24 year old centre back, not a giant but a solid 6ft 1 or 2 and fairly commanding. Former Wolves youth who spent time on loan in SPL and L1. He's a Kettering boy though, and under contract, so not sure how easy he'd be to prise away.

There are definitely more gems to be found in the levels below.
Matt Briggs is a good shout, but that long term injury could put a stop to any move.

Boredom and procrastination has led to this "wishlist" rather than rumours to actually be signing. Most are out of contract in the summer, so it will be wages and location becoming a factor. Obviously we won't sign them all, but just a few I've seen who look decent.

Chris Bush (CB) from Bromley, will turn 30 in the summer. Thought he was good against us and has the height and experience.

Zak Lilly (CB) from AFC Telford, will turn 24 in the summer. Dominant in the air and great at interceptions at the level below us.

Joe Lewis (CB) from Torquay, 22 years old and can play anywhere across a back 3.
Tom Bradbury (CB/LB) from Halifax, 24 years old. Can play in the LCB role and been playing regularly in there. Didn't play on Saturday due to injury.

George Cantrill (CB/CM) from Guiseley, 22 year old. Aggressive player who likes to get stuck in (11 yellows and 1 red this season).

Harry Boyes (LB/LWB) from Solihull Moors. Decent defensively, gets forward very well and also quickly. Mainly played LB, but looks to have the stamina and speed to play as a wing-back too.

Sadou Diallo (CM) from Forest Green Rovers, will be 23 this summer. Hasn't played much for the League 2 top side and with his contract up in the summer he could be off. From what I've seen of him he looks to be a defensive midfielder who recovers the ball extremely well and has good ability on the ball.

Armani Little (CM) from Torquay, recently turned 25. Captain and all action midfielder who has 14 goals and 10 assists. Certainly overperforming his shooting, but even half that goal output would be impressive.

James Hammond (CM) from Eastbourne, 25 years old. More defensive midfielder, but can be good on the ball and tries to play forward.

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (AM/ST) from Torquay, 25 year old. Another from Torquay who scores a fair few from his speed and intelligent movement.

Dan Mooney (AM) from Altrincham, will turn 23 this summer. Scored 11 goals this season, including a fair few crackers. One of them was against us as he dribbled past a few players and slotted into the bottom corner.

We seem to be good with strikers, but there are certainly a few below us who would be great signings. Rutherford and Seager have already been mentioned. Gateshead have Langstaff, Scott and Olley on contracts past this summer and look to be promoted this season. Nick Haughton from Flyde is another who is impressive and although under contract, could be a small fee. Joe Iaciofano is a small, pacey striker and has 17 goals for Oxford City this season. Danilo Orsi Dadomo's contract is up at Harrogate and spent half the season on loan at Boreham Wood, so could be an option. A couple of wildcards and probably unrealistic too, Luke Norris at Stevenage has his contract up and with 14 goals this season for a team scrapping to avoid relegation he might want to move. Donovan Wilson at Sutton has his contract expiring (along with nearly half their team!) and was sensational last season, but not managed to replicate his goalscoring form this season. Someone who is completely unrealistic is Kyle Wootton from Notts County, who will probably move to a League 1 club unless someone throws a truck load of money at him.

Alfie Rutherford's 4 goals v Concord for anyone remotely interested...

Love the conviction that Concord have at 6-1 down: grabbing the ball from the back of the net to run back from the centre circle presumably shouting “come on lads 6 more wins it” and then remonstrating with the Lino for disallowing the goal that would have made it 6-2 “you’ve cost us there Lino” etc

I’m assuming this was post Kensdale Concord as I didn’t see him.

Not sure how transferable Rutherford’s style would be at Roots Hall. He won’t get those crosses unless we sign some decent wide players.

Love the conviction that Concord have at 6-1 down: grabbing the ball from the back of the net to run back from the centre circle presumably shouting “come on lads 6 more wins it” and then remonstrating with the Lino for disallowing the goal that would have made it 6-2 “you’ve cost us there Lino” etc

I’m assuming this was post Kensdale Concord as I didn’t see him.

Not sure how transferable Rutherford’s style would be at Roots Hall. He won’t get those crosses unless we sign some decent wide players.
It was this weekend's game.

I would half-agree with this. We have Bridge and Husin who can create chances (and arguably Clifford when he is in form), but we certainly need more to give any strikers we play the chance.

Something else that is impressive about Rutherford's goal tally is that none are penalties. They've had 10 penalties this season so he could have boosted his scoring record with those. He can score with his head (7 goals), left or right foot. The majority of his goals might look like tap-ins, but that is true with a lot of strikers, but it is about getting into the right position and losing the defender.

It was this weekend's game.

I would half-agree with this. We have Bridge and Husin who can create chances (and arguably Clifford when he is in form), but we certainly need more to give any strikers we play the chance.

Something else that is impressive about Rutherford's goal tally is that none are penalties. They've had 10 penalties this season so he could have boosted his scoring record with those. He can score with his head (7 goals), left or right foot. The majority of his goals might look like tap-ins, but that is true with a lot of strikers, but it is about getting into the right position and losing the defender.
Exactly this.

He’s an out and out goal scorer.

Yes he has his “condition” but for me if we are in the market for a proper goal scorer, be it to add to what we have, or replace 1 or 2 that maybe leaving, he surely must be on our list. If not we need our heads testing.

He fits the bill of “non-league gem” all day long.

I’d happily take Jack Senior from Halifax if that’s at all possible. Looked very good against us on the weekend.

I think, no, I demand, that Messrs Maher, Still and Collymore should publish their list of targets as soon as it is finalised to save massive unnecessary anguish and guesswork on this thread. There you go, job done.
it just wouldn`t be the same without the shrimperzone transfer thread and reading what players we are signing [ lol ] only on page 3 so just another 97 to go

Exactly this.

He’s an out and out goal scorer.

Yes he has his “condition” but for me if we are in the market for a proper goal scorer, be it to add to what we have, or replace 1 or 2 that maybe leaving, he surely must be on our list. If not we need our heads testing.

He fits the bill of “non-league gem” all day long.
People say never fall in love with a loanee......is it possible to fall in love with a player that we haven't yet signed, and may never sign? Because if so then

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Matt Briggs is a good shout, but that long term injury could put a stop to any move.

Boredom and procrastination has led to this "wishlist" rather than rumours to actually be signing. Most are out of contract in the summer, so it will be wages and location becoming a factor. Obviously we won't sign them all, but just a few I've seen who look decent.

Chris Bush (CB) from Bromley, will turn 30 in the summer. Thought he was good against us and has the height and experience.

Zak Lilly (CB) from AFC Telford, will turn 24 in the summer. Dominant in the air and great at interceptions at the level below us.

Joe Lewis (CB) from Torquay, 22 years old and can play anywhere across a back 3.
Tom Bradbury (CB/LB) from Halifax, 24 years old. Can play in the LCB role and been playing regularly in there. Didn't play on Saturday due to injury.

George Cantrill (CB/CM) from Guiseley, 22 year old. Aggressive player who likes to get stuck in (11 yellows and 1 red this season).

Harry Boyes (LB/LWB) from Solihull Moors. Decent defensively, gets forward very well and also quickly. Mainly played LB, but looks to have the stamina and speed to play as a wing-back too.

Sadou Diallo (CM) from Forest Green Rovers, will be 23 this summer. Hasn't played much for the League 2 top side and with his contract up in the summer he could be off. From what I've seen of him he looks to be a defensive midfielder who recovers the ball extremely well and has good ability on the ball.

Armani Little (CM) from Torquay, recently turned 25. Captain and all action midfielder who has 14 goals and 10 assists. Certainly overperforming his shooting, but even half that goal output would be impressive.

James Hammond (CM) from Eastbourne, 25 years old. More defensive midfielder, but can be good on the ball and tries to play forward.

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans (AM/ST) from Torquay, 25 year old. Another from Torquay who scores a fair few from his speed and intelligent movement.

Dan Mooney (AM) from Altrincham, will turn 23 this summer. Scored 11 goals this season, including a fair few crackers. One of them was against us as he dribbled past a few players and slotted into the bottom corner.

We seem to be good with strikers, but there are certainly a few below us who would be great signings. Rutherford and Seager have already been mentioned. Gateshead have Langstaff, Scott and Olley on contracts past this summer and look to be promoted this season. Nick Haughton from Flyde is another who is impressive and although under contract, could be a small fee. Joe Iaciofano is a small, pacey striker and has 17 goals for Oxford City this season. Danilo Orsi Dadomo's contract is up at Harrogate and spent half the season on loan at Boreham Wood, so could be an option. A couple of wildcards and probably unrealistic too, Luke Norris at Stevenage has his contract up and with 14 goals this season for a team scrapping to avoid relegation he might want to move. Donovan Wilson at Sutton has his contract expiring (along with nearly half their team!) and was sensational last season, but not managed to replicate his goalscoring form this season. Someone who is completely unrealistic is Kyle Wootton from Notts County, who will probably move to a League 1 club unless someone throws a truck load of money at him.
Great insight to the talent that's out there, and such a shame PB didn't get to sign some of them for various reasons, I wonder how many are on the Targets board, or maybe just raids on the Daggers squad...

A little early perhaps?...of course not.

Let's kick off the annual mega thread on transfer targets.

Who would you like to see us go for?...Have you heard any whispers?

I'll start.

1. Kacper Lopata (Sheff Utd). I don't care whether it's a season loan/perm deal. This guy needs to come back in. Give him what he wants. Absolute mustard. Could be a difficult negotiation of course, with Sheff perhaps wanting him to play higher. I hear he maybe out of contract though?....Nothing else to say. No.1 target for me.

2. Alfie Rutherford (Dorking) an exciting young (23) striker who has bagged 30+ goals (all comps) in the NLS this season. Averages a goal a game. Has hit 5 hat-tricks this season plus a 4 goal haul at the weekend v Concord. Under contract at Dorking until 2024 I think so would require a fee. Scored against us in the Trophy game and caused us all sorts of problems that day. No doubt being watched by clubs in the EFL. But he surely fits the profile for what we are after. Could be a cracking signing and one that could earn us a few bob down the line. Would obviously be easier to pick him up if Dorking fail to join us next season.

3. Michael Cheek (Bromley) Ok, he maybe turning 31 this summer (Still younger than Murphy). But he's super fit. Not missed many minutes and his goal record speaks for itself. All-time leading NL goalscorer. Horrible to play against, an equal threat on the ground and in the air. Local lad. Knows the league inside out. Out of contract I think this summer. No brainer on a free. Especially if we lose any of our other strikers, as well as Dennis.

4. Liverpool/Villa/Prem U18/U23's. This is hopefully where @StanCollymore can come in. There is so much talent not getting a look in at Prem clubs it's crazy. They probably never will either due to the spend culture at that level. Will youngsters want to come to the NL. Will Prem clubs want to send them here? Who knows, it's worth a crack as there is some serious talent destined to just stagnate and disappear at these giant clubs. Outside shot but one that needs exploring. @StanCollymore, work your magic for us...

I'm not saying any of these are realistic targets for us. We don't know who's staying/going yet and we don't know how bad the finances are. But, if we have real ambitions to get out of this cess pit asap and back to where we need to be, then for me these are the types of targets we need to be going for. At the same time, I don't want us making our financial position even more precarious than it is. We can't do a Chesterfield/Stockport/Wrexham and throw hundreds of thousands at players. Plus there's the talk of the wage cap (full details as yet unknown) so we need to make sure our sales pitch, due diligence and scouting is better than as many other clubs as possible, if we are to challenge for the Top 7, which for me is the minimum expected next season. But, we are one of the big boys at this level, we need to be at the front of the queue on any available talent. Tough gig for the football department for sure. But this is where they earn their corn...
Michael cheek defo one I would look at that’s for sure if funds are right I hope we try and sign him at the very least . As you say played fair few games at that age to which is promising knows the league also.

I seen a few clips of the lad from dorking too yes you can’t go match from short video but he defo looks promising for sure and done very well also scored goals for fun . He certainly could turn out to be a clever investment if we do pull it of .
Great insight to the talent that's out there, and such a shame PB didn't get to sign some of them for various reasons, I wonder how many are on the Targets board, or maybe just raids on the Daggers squad...
i defo reckon there maybe a couple at the very least from daggers on our long list of targets . Wonder if Mo Sagaf is one also Will Wright maybe …

I’ll don’t tend to confirm or deny names, and I won’t on the ones I’ll get questioned on following this post, but some of those mentioned on this thread are of interest to us, and have been watched numerous times.

Lopata isn’t dead in the water either. I’d highly doubt we’d get him permanently, but I don’t think another half season loan is out of the question.

I’ll don’t tend to confirm or deny names, and I won’t on the ones I’ll get questioned on following this post, but some of those mentioned on this thread are of interest to us, and have been watched numerous times.

Lopata isn’t dead in the water either. I’d highly doubt we’d get him permanently, but I don’t think another half season loan is out of the question.
Which names ? Tell us please ?

We need a defence that stops leaking goals. Far too many early in the game or straight after half time or late on. A defence that is ready and alert ALL the time. A midfield that is skilled and solid. Breaking down opposition attack and distributing forward insightfully. And forwards that can put the ball in the net. Simples. Not much to ask for. We have some good potentials....but not enough of them yet for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back