• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know you love your stats and yes he is young but what does he really do.

He dosent attack very well, he isnt very fast, he hasnt got a good range of passing, he is overly tough tackling or defensive.

He works hard, has a long throw and is a decent enough player but I think you could find 100 Leonards being released every season. He is an ok player who has no real position and for my mind we signed because he was cheap and we needed bodies.

He also I suspect (but dont know) has a pretty poor injury record.

Have to disagree Leonard workrate is 2nd to none, he gives us the edge when taking throw ins and its a shame we haven't seen it much but we know what a great striker of the ball he is following his goals previously pre season.

We have never played Leonard in his favoured RB position, I personally would like to see him have a go in centre mid as our holding midfielder to see how he gets on.

GK:
Paul Smith 2014 (I wonder whether he'll be happy to stay and battle for the shirt with Bentley this season. If Bentley gets the next few games I can see Smith wanting out over the summer). Keep - if willing to stay and battle.
Dan Bentley 2013 - Renew contract (2 year deal with an option for a third)
Luke Chambers 2014 (Out on loan at Bishops Stortford until end of season) Keep - either as third choice (loaned again) or as backup for Bentley (strangers things have happened)

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013 Renew - If possible resign Sean, I'm sure he'll get a small pay rise but hopefully not break the bank
Mark Phillips 2014 Keep
Luke Prosser 2013 Renew - Been a great signing since coming here, fantastic squad player to have
Ryan Cresswell 2014 No brainer - Keep
Anthony Straker 2014 Renew - Seems like Brown's new instructions worked well for him if his post match interview last game was anything to go by. If he can up his game, you never know, we might get a good season out of Anthony.
Chris Barker 2013 50/50 - Renew if at a lesser wage as backup
Graham Coughlan 2013 Move to assistant only

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013 Renew - Has been the motor behind our side for the past couple of seasons
Alex Woodyard 2013 Renew - Backup
Kevan Hurst 2014 Keep
Ryan Leonard 2013 Renew - We win more games with him in the side than without him, very effective and underated.
Marc Laird 2014 No brainer - keep
John Spicer 2013 Ciao
Micky Spillane 2013 Take up extra year

FWD:
Barry Corr 2013 Renew
Gavin Tomlin 2013 Attempt to renew
Freddy Eastwood 2014 Keep
Elliot Benyon 2013 Release
Bilel Mohsni 2013 Goes without saying
Neil Harris 2014 Undecided - Depends whether we can shift him & whether he'll be fit enough
Seedy Njie 2013 Never seen him play so can't comment.

Loanees:
Tamika Mkandawire If possible sign/loan - Doubt he'll be available but you never know
Matthew Lund Not seen enough to comment
Ben Reeves Happy either way - good technical player but maybe not what we need
Britt Assombalonga Resign on loan if possible - Although with not if we have to agree to play him every game

Back