• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Summer jobs

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Anyone have any ideas as to where a student bum like me, who is struggling desperately with his finances, can get a temporary summer job? I'm home for three months and am actively looking!

Anyone have any ideas as to where a student bum like me, who is struggling desperately with his finances, can get a temporary summer job? I'm home for three months and am actively looking!

Betting shops always need staff during the summer. Did me ok when I was a student and there are plenty in the Southend area.

If you're willing to relocate for the summer, you can have a job at the cinema I work in part time...plenty of us student bums grouped here :D

It's crap but Tesco's always looks for students during the summer and at xmas. Pay aint bad either.

Yeah I might drop in a CV there, thanks!

Become a teacher, get paid and have the whole summer off.....sorted...

Funnily enough that's what I'll be doing when I've graduated and done my teacher training course :)

I hear these people are looking for girlies...

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/shop.html?isource=MOB3

:D

Yeah yeah, good come back John :p

InsureandGo mate, that's where I'm working this summer... There's actually a training course starting in 2 weeks that I know of, so get in quick and you might be able to start then.

InsureandGo mate, that's where I'm working this summer... There's actually a training course starting in 2 weeks that I know of, so get in quick and you might be able to start then.

Oooooh, that's good. Any idea where I can get more details? Can't see much on their website! Any idea what the pay and hours are like? :)

In the same vein, what about 16 year olds? My lad wants a job until he starts college, wrote to Tesco but no response. Think he may not be acceptable for some of those suggested here because of his age. He's not worried about doing some manual graft.

Adventure Island are always looking for extra staff in the summer

Technically, I got a job with them two weeks ago in catering, but for reasons I won't go into, they've f***ed me off, so without having actually worked a shift for them yet, I'm looking for a new job before I quit that one!

Oooooh, that's good. Any idea where I can get more details? Can't see much on their website! Any idea what the pay and hours are like? :)

Try going through Reed www.reed.co.uk and see if you can find the vacancies their...

Choice of shifts, 9-5:30 or 12:30-9 working 37.5 hours a week at 6.70-something per hour. It's pretty shi*ty work, but the moneys not bad and it's ridiculously easy.

In the same vein, what about 16 year olds? My lad wants a job until he starts college, wrote to Tesco but no response. Think he may not be acceptable for some of those suggested here because of his age. He's not worried about doing some manual graft.

He should be fine to work in Tescos. When I originally worked there, I was 16. Keep on sending in apps and phone up when you havent heard anything for a while. Just keep nagging them!

He should be fine to work in Tescos. When I originally worked there, I was 16. Keep on sending in apps and phone up when you havent heard anything for a while. Just keep nagging them!

They may not take him on because of the age limits going up

Doesn't matter, they will still take on 16 year olds. If they work on checkouts and need permission to sell alcohol, they get someone else to authorise it.

Oh yeah true, just thought with Fags also going upto 18 they wouldnt want the hassle, but most Tesco stores only have the one checkout for fags

Back