• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows for sure, certainly not me. However we have gone from the end of days is upon us to 16000 seats won't be enough in just 2 weeks.

We can reasonably assume that Kev and Tom have been told by the new owners to not let any of our best payers leave. Even Hopson can be reassured there will be plenty funding available and we fully intend to be banging on the door next season.

The white board might even need upgrading as the names could be bigger.
I thought Hobson’s issue wasn’t to do with the club it was about wanting to move back up North.

I thought Hobson’s issue wasn’t to do with the club it was about wanting to move back up North.

Yes that's the popular rumour and I was surprised by the Hobson may and it is a may stay.

An exciting season based in gods rivera and Netflix stardom .....Or surviving at Accrington Stanley......What would you choose Ricey?

I'm trying not to get too carried away with the thread until the takeover is done and dusted! However, having a little sneak peak I'd feel more confident losing Hobson and being able to replace him than I would trying to replace Cav or Bridge! You've just got to hope the players know exactly what's going on so they can make an informed decision on what's best for them! We will absolutely lose some, albeit some being asked to leave and some leaving of there own accord but unlike previous management teams I have full confident in anyone being replaced quite comfortably

Last edited:
Yes that's the popular rumour and I was surprised by the Hobson may and it is a may stay.

An exciting season based in gods rivera and Netflix stardom .....Or surviving at Accrington Stanley......What would you choose Ricey?
Why anyone would want to move north of the Watford Gap is beyond me!

Who knows for sure, certainly not me. However we have gone from the end of days is upon us to 16000 seats won't be enough in just 2 weeks.

We can reasonably assume that Kev and Tom have been told by the new owners to not let any of our best payers leave. Even Hopson can be reassured there will be plenty funding available and we fully intend to be banging on the door next season.

The white board might even need upgrading as the names could be bigger.
Thankyou for the update . Yeah be nice bonus if we can keep hold our best player for sure . Especially under better circumstances. Yeah true about targets changing who knows hopefully the staff and fans be in for nice treat .

I'm trying not to get too carried away with the thread until the takeover is done and dusted! However, having a little sneak peak I'd feel more confident losing Hobson and being able to replace him than I would trying to replace Cav or Bridge! You've just got to hope the players know exactly what's going on so they can make an informed decision on what's best for them! We will absolutely lose some, albeit some being asked to leave and some leaving of there own accord but unlike previous management teams I have full confident in anyone being replaced quite comfortably
I agree. @Yorkshire Blue suggested earlier on he thought we'd have to persuade L1 players if we wanted to better Hobson. I think there will be better in L2 and also potentially NL. But I've never been as big a fan of Hobson as many and the beauty of the zone is that it's all about opinions.

I agree. @Yorkshire Blue suggested earlier on he thought we'd have to persuade L1 players if we wanted to better Hobson. I think there will be better in L2 and also potentially NL. But I've never been as big a fan of Hobson as many and the beauty of the zone is that it's all about opinions.
See I rate Hobson! Especially after a really shaky start he has come on leaps and bounds! But I have a lot of faith in the management team, plus Stan and Still to find a good replacement. Ideally a left footer so lomas can move to right centre back!

Not sure about Sagaf - seems to have a bit of an attitude problem, plus his stats are poor to say the least

Sagaf, Justham, Ling and Dallas would be a statement of intent
Still fancy us to get Dallas, was set to sign in January but couldn’t but know Kev is still very keen and with the new takeover imminent why wouldn’t he still want to come here. Guess Chesterfield is also an option which is why it’s imperative we get the takeover sorted ad embargo lifted

Sagaf, Justham, Ling and Dallas would be a statement of intent
We definitely need an experienced keeper if we lose Steve to nurture Colin but surely Colin has done enough to be number 1? Would justham want to come here and be number 2.. plus would we really pay for him?

A player I like is Will de Havilland who is currently playing at Maidenhead.

If Hobson were to leave he could be a good replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back