• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told you on numerous occasions he was heading North. Not on our Radar for that reason!

Also, Dallas was a done deal last January apart from embargo. Grimsby were chasing him then and we were still first choice. Grimsby, unless they dramatically change their deal don't bother me. ( I stand by to get egg on my face to be so definite on that). Hartlepool or us in a straight fight with our new owners on board, because that is the only way we will get him, ...... come on have you ever been to Hartlepool and looked at their pulling power?

Let's start getting positive and I hasten to add not arrogant on here!

If we get this takeover completed, with all we have going for us, against a team in EFL, granted, that is getting near the top of their budget and expectation and a team in the North East that were here 2 years ago or us, ask yourself where would you want to go? Grimsby, Hartlepool or Southend?

Remember he has played in the region at Cambridge, we will not be unknown to him.

Of course we are going to miss out on some of our targets, but at this level with a properly funded club and professional structure WE ARE an attractive proposition.

Lastly, as KM says, it IS a privilege to pull on a shirt with our club badge on and run out in front of 6,000 odd fans. We ARE a club that will have a pull and any player that has played against us will have seen and heard the support we attract home and away, THAT'S YOU PEOPLE! Believe, because going into this summer we were either (and possibly still) GONE!

Or we are back in the game, with proper backing, to build on (under the circumstances) a fantastic season last year.

We are Shrimpers, We back our team through good and bad and we have good coming! Any player that is approached by us with a reasonably aware agent is going to understand that. Don't underestimate what we can put on the table and with the right owners, we will have people that understand that some of the leverage this club creates comes from the passionate fanbase we have!

That is anyone that calls themselves a Blues fan and yes! This is a call to action! To be positive, proud and believe in what the next few weeks could bring! The alternative is not worth contemplating, basically, because we wouldn't exist!

There is phrase when things look grim of; there's no smoke without fire!

So, turn that on its head, look and listen to all the noises from not just fans, but respected journalists and what snippets they have put out in the past seven days or so.

We ARE on the way back, so back the new owners, who will be fully revealed in the near future, show them that the influence they have already sensed and backed is true and we will get our club back and have a name that we can all be proud of once more.

People..... I rest!
You're too optimistic for my liking.

I agree. @Yorkshire Blue suggested earlier on he thought we'd have to persuade L1 players if we wanted to better Hobson. I think there will be better in L2 and also potentially NL. But I've never been as big a fan of Hobson as many and the beauty of the zone is that it's all about opinions.
Yeah, in your opinion it is!! :Winking:

Reckon the three from Daggers will be Justham, Sagaf and Ling. would be happy with all three although hasn’t Sagaf been injured quite a bit?

Heard from the Daggers end that of the names mentioned on here the following;

Mussa - Not rated by their fans, offered reduced terms, could be coming our way.

Justham - Could be coming our way.

Sagaf - Could be heading our way, offered reduced terms. Fully take on board your comment above @UTB , just repeating what I've heard from a few Daggers contacts.

Ling - Could be heading our way, offered reduced terms.

Didn't Mussa sign a 2 year contract last summer so surely Daggers can't be reducing his terms?

Interesting that Justham is under contract until 2024 so could require a nominal fee unless Daggers want him off their wage bill.

I've always liked Sam Ling so would be more than happy with him signing on.

We definitely need an experienced keeper if we lose Steve to nurture Colin but surely Colin has done enough to be number 1? Would justham want to come here and be number 2.. plus would we really pay for him?
Justham is a way better keeper and his distribution with his feet is probably the best in the league so would have him over Colin. Colin hasn’t done much wrong but his distribution isn’t woeful and he is still raw

Totally agree with Dallas.

Although he has a contract offer on the table from Solihull, If he was that enamored about joining Chesterfield, I would have thought they would have put an offer he couldn't refuse to him quite quickly in the close season. Therefore for me, no news is good news and hopefully we are talking to him, as we can do that, and I would love it if after all things financial have been completed he was first in.

As has been said, that would be a real stand up and pay attention message to the rest of the league.

Didn't Mussa sign a 2 year contract last summer so surely Daggers can't be reducing his terms?

Interesting that Justham is under contract until 2024 so could require a nominal fee unless Daggers want him off their wage bill.

I've always liked Sam Ling so would be more than happy with him signing on.

Sorry, Mussa - Transfer listed - not rated,, that's what I should have said.

I would presume (with no real knowledge at all) that a player "in demand" would take some time to sign as the player and their agent would be listening to & negotiating with a number of different clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back