• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Powell would do a job in league 1 or 2?

This is an interesting one. There’s a YouTube with every Southend goal from the season. When he doesn’t think about it he hits the target or scores. He also frightens defenders with pace.

We’ve had worse players and I’d give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is an interesting one. There’s a YouTube with every Southend goal from the season. When he doesn’t think about it he hits the target or scores. He also frightens defenders with pace.

We’ve had worse players and I’d give him the benefit of the doubt.
That same video shows Chris Wreh having quite the impact, especially when you consider his limited minutes. Not always assisting or scoring but regularly involved in link up play or moving defenders out of position.

I can't imagine he's on an extortionate contract and feel we could do far worse than having him as an option off the bench.

Kev and co. don't seem to favour him for whatever reason, probably his work rate and fitness, though.

Fully expect him to go to a NLS or bottom half NL club and do pretty well

That same video shows Chris Wreh having quite the impact, especially when you consider his limited minutes. Not always assisting or scoring but regularly involved in link up play or moving defenders out of position.

I can't imagine he's on an extortionate contract and feel we could do far worse than having him as an option off the bench.

Kev and co. don't seem to favour him for whatever reason, probably his work rate and fitness, though.

Fully expect him to go to a NLS or bottom half NL club and do pretty well
I am a fan of Wreh and I think if he worked harder off the ball he'd be a really decent player at this level. I think he might be released, but if so he will easily pick up another club at this level.

I am a fan of Wreh and I think if he worked harder off the ball he'd be a really decent player at this level. I think he might be released, but if so he will easily pick up another club at this level.
His hold up play and trickery is the closest we've seen to MAF since he left. I personally rate him but not sure he fits Kev's system that requires a lot of pressing.

His hold up play and trickery is the closest we've seen to MAF since he left. I personally rate him but not sure he fits Kev's system that requires a lot of pressing.
You are, imo, correct, for sure there is a good enough player in there for this level and above BUT he does seem to lose concentration at times, doesn't communicate enough and is best at tracking and working at closing down IF he has been kicked or elbowed with no ref sanction.
I can only guess how he is in training, he is fit but could he be better if fitter!

I also like Wreh a lot but if we want to be challenging at the top of the league then we need far better players.

Our strikers were the bluntest in the national league last season.

The front line needs a complete overhaul.

Sagaf has just tweeted that he’s left Daggers.

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpeg
    IMG_1039.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 138
Wouldn't say no, although lots of ITK said he's not coming our way.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eastleigh, Woking or BW in for him if he stays in NL.

Hi everyone. I’ve taken a look at five potential goalkeepers we could look to sign if anyone’s interested, including a well-known name. Let me know what you think.

I also like Wreh a lot but if we want to be challenging at the top of the league then we need far better players.

Our strikers were the bluntest in the national league last season.

The front line needs a complete overhaul.
I don't entirely blame the forwards. Unfortunately we lacked any real quality with decision making in and around the penalty area. I am not going to criticise individuals, their effort was first class, but we were not quite good enough collectively in and around the penalty area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back