• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't entirely blame the forwards. Unfortunately we lacked any real quality with decision making in and around the penalty area. I am not going to criticise individuals, their effort was first class, but we were not quite good enough collectively in and around the penalty area.

Yes, for me the balance/set up of the team needs to be addressed rather than individuals (although this could be improved by some new talent & less injuries). This was evident to me by too much "sideways" rather than "going forward" at times.

Josh Rees has been picked up by Dagenham.

Goalscoring midfielder at this level, one I would have liked us to have gone for had we not been subject to the embargo.

A reminder that this sale needs to be completed quickly so we can get moving with recruitment.

Yeah he’s capable at this level. A replacement for Robinson at Daggers I reckon 😉

One of the main factors against him, for us anyway, would be his age I think. He’ll be 30 in about 4 months and while that’s not old it’s not in line with what we know of our recruitment strategy.

Whilst it must be worrying for the players it must be quite an exciting prospect being in the vanguard of something special with new owners and a management team they like and respect. Let's hope the takeover happens.

Some very good news, for when we are able to do business again...

This is the best bit of news (if the takeover goes through in time for it all to happen) that we could have had this transfer window. This is a huge (re)signing, remember how Notts County (the team that were above and beyond us the past couple seasons) were offering sizeable sums for him in January.

A real coup to keep Jack on board, the type of player who can make a mid table side play off contenders, and play off contenders champions.

And on top of that one of our own. Superb news.

Has he moved? Last time I had a chat with him, he was living in Wickford
I didn't want to talk to him as I was respecting his privacy (esp. as he was with his Mrs) but it was definitely him - I was just coming out of Clements Hall and he was strolling past.

Also I was wearing the white Macron away shorts - which he clocked- so didn't want to be a mad weirdo stalker :o)

Jack Wood coming back this season could also be like a new signing. The lad has huge promise and did very well in the league below. If we signed him from Tonbridge this summer as a new player than people would be quite excited by him. Think he could come on well this season
Thats a great point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back