• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget Dallas has still not re-signed at Solihull, although they have issued him a contract offer. Nor has he committed anywhere else yet. I would love to see him at the Hall for next season.
Notts County is a possible move for Dallas if they lose any of their strikers to big offers!

With no offence to Justham but I personally hope we re sign a fit Arnold as he is a great keeper at this level,

Will we get 40ish games a season is the issue.

With no offence to Justham but I personally hope we re sign a fit Arnold as he is a great keeper at this level,

Will we get 40ish games a season is the issue.
True Arnold is a good keeper for national league level but how serious are his back problems ?

True Arnold is a good keeper for national league level but how serious are his back problems ?
Arnold doesn't have a back problem.
“We didn’t know where the injury was coming from. The scans would come back clear, which was frustrating, but we finally found it was a cyst on the hip, so it wasn’t too serious, but it needed a little operation."

If it were my decision I'd look to bring Justham or Ashmore (Boreham Wood) in and send Collin (Perhaps a little harshly) out on loan to an NLS club, if the opportunity was there to do it.

All hypothetical obviously at this moment in time. I personally think Ashmore is the best keeper I've seen at this level.

Arnold and Collin are an excellent pairing to have.

Justham is an established keeper with a good record at this level. It would be a tough decision to make.
I love Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve but some question marks about his fitness have appeared over the last season.

I would love nothing more than him coming back to his best though.

Part of me says we need the absolute best in the league and I think Justham has better distribution.

We could loan Collin to a team in NL? I think he's beyond going down a level to NLS/NLN.

Ashmore would be an unreal signing but I think it’s unlikely we would go for a 33 year old keeper which is not really the profile of player the scouting team, management team etc seem to be looking at. If I remember right we want younger players with good potential sell on price.

I'm a massive fan of Arnold. He's an excellent 'keeper at this level. BUT, and it's a big but, I just don't think you can rely on his fitness. If we are in a position to keep him and add Justham then it's a no brainer.

Collin needs to play too, so getting him out on loan seems a good suggestion too. I suspect there would be some interest from clubs at our level if we're happy to loan him out for the full season, which if we had Arnold + Justham for example in the building i'm sure we could.

Ashmore would be an unreal signing but I think it’s unlikely we would go for a 33 year old keeper which is not really the profile of player the scouting team, management team etc seem to be looking at. If I remember right we want younger players with good potential sell on price.
I’ve heard justham is a cert all being well… very good with the ball at his feet something Colin and Steve struggle with imo… playing out from the back the keeper is very important

If our profile of players is younger with sell-on value, why is Justham a better signing that Ashmore? They're 32 and 33 respectively.

I'd like to see Collin as 1st choice next season. I think we could have another Dan Bentley situation on our hands with him. Arnold is a great person for Collin to draw experience from so I'd keep Arnold as back-up / coach. What's the update with Purcell? He played once or twice last season didn't he? I remember being relatively impressed. Not a bad trio of keepers if they can all stay

If our profile of players is younger with sell-on value, why is Justham a better signing that Ashmore? They're 32 and 33 respectively.

I'd like to see Collin as 1st choice next season. I think we could have another Dan Bentley situation on our hands with him. Arnold is a great person for Collin to draw experience from so I'd keep Arnold as back-up / coach. What's the update with Purcell? He played once or twice last season didn't he? I remember being relatively impressed. Not a bad trio of keepers if they can all stay
Colin’s distribution let’s him down unfortunately good young keeper but needs to improve his kicking it’s a massive part of being a keeper these days hopefully hel improve but not sure he’s good enough just yet

If it were my decision I'd look to bring Justham or Ashmore (Boreham Wood) in and send Collin (Perhaps a little harshly) out on loan to an NLS club, if the opportunity was there to do it.

All hypothetical obviously at this moment in time. I personally think Ashmore is the best keeper I've seen at this level.
Agreed, would love for us to sign him. Proper presence.

With SA out of contract we would be lucky if he stays, he is a free agent in 5 days time isnt he?
Given his injury problems and his lack of game time throughout his career I don't think we should keep him.

For me Colin should be our No1, he deserves it based on last season and no doubt is a saleable asset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back