• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Lee angol scored 25 goals in 40 games for boreham wood a few years back been released by orient haven’t seen him apart from when he scored against us for Shrewsbury any good?

When Danny Kedwell was playing for Ebbsfleet in the NL South he was on £2,000 per week.

I know there is a complete myth on here that former ageing stars demand and get high wages. but AB, Freddy and Barnard never got as much as that second time around.

Not that i'm in favour of signing the likes of Simon Cox but just pointing out that football is show business after all. When your flavour of the month you can demand £30,000 per week to be the pantomime star but just like the life of a striker, it can be very short.
Tell that to christopher biggins!

Lee angol scored 25 goals in 40 games for boreham wood a few years back been released by orient haven’t seen him apart from when he scored against us for Shrewsbury any good?

No Pete. He's nowhere near at the level we should be looking at. Saw him play for Lincoln a few times.

Preston have released Louis Moult who has played twice in about two years but has previously played in NL with Wrexham. Not sure if we're too much of a drop for him.
I do like Moult, if we could get him that would be a good signing but I fear he is out of range for us.

I heard he was on something similar at Grays Ath. Maybe not that extravagant, but above and beyond the average player at that level.

Quite possibly. Lee Boylan was on the same at Canvey before that so the going rate for a 20 a season NL(5th tier) player.

Kedwell had to be captain in his contract at Ebbsfleet. Of course there may be some jealousy over wages but the rest of the team weren't to keen on him. Never acted like a captain as they were beneath him and he would rarely turn up for any off field bonding sessions etc. That said he was a decent target man who could also score. I guess he had his reasons for taking it easy at that level.

The lad I know who was there at the time NL south, was on about £ 6/700 per week and doing the captains job on the pitch. He turned down NL offers as longer midweek journeys would cause problems in his full time job.

I guess the big and rather silly jump in non league wages is to make full time footballer financially worth while. Back in the mid 90's i played in the East LondonThursday with lad called Russell Short who came through the Southend Youth team and made on or two appearances for Southend. Back then he was on about £80 a game for Dagenham.

Its not just the PL that have gone mad over money. Its spread to every level of English football

Reactions: GBJ

Seen him a lot for the Os.

Sadly not one for us.

Harry Pell has been released:Smile:

Harry was gone a couple of weeks ago, he didn't even stay until the end of the season, here is our list of retained players etc, lots of decent ones gone for various reasons.

Players under contract for the 2021/22 season:
Dean Gerken
Shamal George
Tommy Smith
Miles Welch-Hayes
Noah Chilvers
Kwame Poku
Brendan Wiredu

Players offered new contracts:
Tom Eastman
Ryan Clampin
Sam Cornish
Billy Cracknell
Harry Beadle

Players still awaiting discussions and/or decisions:
Ben Stevenson
Michael Folivi

Players out of contract and released:
Josh Bohui
Jevani Brown
Callum Coulter
Paris Cowan-Hall
Luke Gambin
Callum Harriott
Tom Lapslie
Harry Pell
Courtney Senior
Omar Sowunmi
Diaz Wright

Academy players under contract or offered third year scholorship contracts:
Marley Marshall Miranda
Harvey Sayer
Jake Hutchinson
Al Amin Kazeem
Diogo Freitas Gouviea
Andre Hassanally
Ted Collins
Gene Kennedy
Donnell Thomas
Lordon Alkobirhie
Tom Stagg

Harry was gone a couple of weeks ago, he didn't even stay until the end of the season, here is our list of retained players etc, lots of decent ones gone for various reasons.

Dean Gerken
Shamal George
Tommy Smith
Miles Welch-Hayes
Noah Chilvers
Kwame Poku
Brendan Wiredu

Tom Eastman
Ryan Clampin
Sam Cornish
Billy Cracknell
Harry Beadle

Players still awaiting discussions and/or decisions:
Ben Stevenson
Michael Folivi

Players out of contract and released:
Josh Bohui
Jevani Brown
Callum Coulter
Paris Cowan-Hall
Luke Gambin
Callum Harriott
Tom Lapslie
Harry Pell
Courtney Senior
Omar Sowunmi
Diaz Wright

Academy players under contract or offered third year scholorship contracts:
Marley Marshall Miranda
Harvey Sayer
Jake Hutchinson
Al Amin Kazeem
Diogo Freitas Gouviea
Andre Hassanally
Ted Collins
Gene Kennedy
Donnell Thomas
Lordon Alkobirhie
Tom Stagg
Wow I’m surprised you’re letting Jevani Brown go. Thought he was decent? Mind you my Nan could’ve probably bagged a hat trick against the team we put out against you in the cup.

Callum Harriott and Harry pell are decent players who probably end up at league 1 clubs.

Dean Gerken
Shamal George
Tommy Smith
Miles Welch-Hayes
Noah Chilvers
Kwame Poku
Brendan Wiredu

Tom Eastman
Ryan Clampin
Sam Cornish