• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

He's good on his day but never properly settled anywhere and when he has a bad day it's a total stinker. Would rather look elsewhere myself.
Yep, had this from a Daggers fan; "He was pretty underwhelming until recently. He's good in the air, so a target man".

Someone on the Facebook group reckons Brown was watching Solihull Moors in the week. Rumoured to be watching 6ft 9in, 20-year-old centre forward Kyle Hudlin.

8 goals in 31 games in the conference last season, including this absolute belter at 04:25:

Well, it has to be today. Deadline is 23:59 tonight
I believe thats the deadline for the players and EFL to know. For informing us on the website they dont have a deadline. However, given there is a push for more open / transparent communication between the club and fans you would hope that they would release this on the website today

Who do we think? Can't find the Twitter handle anyway!

I don't see us signing anyone until June at the earliest. Lots of time

I believe thats the deadline for the players and EFL to know. For informing us on the website they dont have a deadline. However, given there is a push for more open / transparent communication between the club and fans you would hope that they would release this on the website today

True but I don't think a club has ever not announced who has been released. Would be weird not to

I don't see us signing anyone until June at the earliest. Lots of time

True but I don't think a club has ever not announced who has been released. Would be weird not to
It would be yes, but did we do it on the same day as the deadline in the past. I cant remember to be honest

As for signings we can agree things with players but not register them till 1st of June i think, so nothing will be official till then.

It is good that we are looking at players now, but things always take time i guess

It would be yes, but did we do it on the same day as the deadline in the past. I cant remember to be honest

As for signings we can agree things with players but not register them till 1st of June i think, so nothing will be official till then.

It is good that we are looking at players now, but things always take time i guess
Given there is no transfer window in the NL is this necessarily true?

Gills LIST

UNDER Contract

Kyle Dempsey
Ryan Jackson
Alex MacDonald*
Robbie McKenzie
Stuart O’Keefe*
Vadaine Oliver
Jack Tucker

U23’s
Harvey Lintott
Gerald Sithole
Henry Woods

*Both Alex MacDonald and Stuart O’Keefe signed new contracts earlier this week

*PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT FOR THE 2021/22 SEASON BUT AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER*

John Akinde
Christian Maghoma

*PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AND LEAVING THE CLUB*

Sacha Bastien
Jack Bonham*
Jordan Graham*
Tyreke Johnson
Connor Ogilvie*
Dominic Samuel
Matty Willock

*New contracts offered to Jack Bonham, Connor Ogilvie and Jordan Graham were, after negotiations, subsequently turned down

Harry was gone a couple of weeks ago, he didn't even stay until the end of the season, here is our list of retained players etc, lots of decent ones gone for various reasons.

Players under contract for the 2021/22 season:
Dean Gerken
Shamal George
Tommy Smith
Miles Welch-Hayes
Noah Chilvers
Kwame Poku
Brendan Wiredu

Players offered new contracts:
Tom Eastman
Ryan Clampin
Sam Cornish
Billy Cracknell
Harry Beadle

Players still awaiting discussions and/or decisions:
Ben Stevenson
Michael Folivi

Players out of contract and released:
Josh Bohui
Jevani Brown
Callum Coulter
Paris Cowan-Hall
Luke Gambin
Callum Harriott
Tom Lapslie
Harry Pell
Courtney Senior
Omar Sowunmi
Diaz Wright

Academy players under contract or offered third year scholorship contracts:
Marley Marshall Miranda
Harvey Sayer
Jake Hutchinson
Al Amin Kazeem
Diogo Freitas Gouviea
Andre Hassanally
Ted Collins
Gene Kennedy
Donnell Thomas
Lordon Alkobirhie
Tom Stagg
This is all very interesting if you are a ColU supporter dont understand why you are posting on here

Very strange Jevani Brown. Scored goals during that short purple patch, including the hat-trick against us. Looked a bit special and had clubs sniffing around, including Peterborough(Boy do they love and get some goal scorers), Ipswich and Norwich. Then he couldn't score for toffee, and apparently has looked absolutely hopeless. Confidence, injury, I don't know.

Jevani was kicked out of Peterborough when he was young due to a off the pitch incident, he then went non league for about 4 years and almost left football altogether, but eventually after scoring lots of goals for St Neots he was signed by Cambridge with bigger clubs eyeing him up to. We paid a lot of money for his services, John McGreal said he was one of the best players available in league two at the time, but it never worked out, he was a failure from the start really. As News says there were things going on that affected his game. Callum Harriott has off field issues too, they may be in the news eventually but I suspect that is why we let him go.

Someone on the Facebook group reckons Brown was watching Solihull Moors in the week. Rumoured to be watching 6ft 9in, 20-year-old centre forward Kyle Hudlin.

8 goals in 31 games in the conference last season, including this absolute belter at 04:25:

We are rumoured to be interested in him too, in fact half the EFL have been linked with him, agent talk no doubt!

What part that they take time? Or the deadline? I believe there is still a cut off point at which they cannot sign players just like the old days before windows.
Sorry, I mean necessarily having to wait until June 1 to register

Back