• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Many of us have long since learned not to take much notice of self proclaimed 'in the know' posters so no great surprise when nothing happens within the predicted time scale. However, the lack of any hard news, even re the protracted Holmes medical saga, does make me wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes that is not altogether postive. With such a slippery character as Chairman, one naturally fears the worst as we have been here so many times.

Many of us have long since learned not to take much notice of self proclaimed 'in the know' posters so no great surprise when nothing happens within the predicted time scale. However, the lack of any hard news, even re the protracted Holmes medical saga, does make me wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes that is not altogether postive. With such a slippery character as Chairman, one naturally fears the worst as we have been here so many times.

Probably best to chill out. Holmes broke in ankle at the end of last season. I see no reason for concern for the delay. Probably waiting for results of scans etc. Better to be sure.

If anything, I would say this is a massive improvement at the football club. How often in the past have we completed a "full" medical for someone signing effectively a contract extension?

Probably best to chill out. Holmes broke in ankle at the end of last season. I see no reason for concern for the delay. Probably waiting for results of scans etc. Better to be sure.

If anything, I would say this is a massive improvement at the football club. How often in the past have we completed a "full" medical for someone signing effectively a contract extension?
Quite- and even once medical is passed Ron needs to sign off. As you say once bitten etc.

Yes, it wasn't just Holmes but the whole situation seems to have stagnated since Brown's upbeat remarks towards the end of last week. I don't doubt the football side of things is in more capable hands now and Brown will get the best he can out of whatever is available to him. However it's nagging doubts about the financial situation, the budget, accounts outstanding etc which never seem to be resolved.

Ron on his annual 8 week holiday again where naff all gets done? Employs a SEO, has a director of football and yet we still have a team that is devoid of anything approaching challenging. The urgency after getting slapped so easily by an U23 team should of focused minds....sadly not

Some good players in this league. We will do well to even get in the play offs I feel.

I think you could be right, Wrexham and Stockport alone could fill the two promotion slots after the play offs finish, it will be very tough to go up with at least 5-6 other clubs in the mix.
They've had a big squad churn. That said Gary Johnson is a very good manager who knows exactly what it takes at this level.
Yes I think Torquay will be up there, as you say Gary is a good manager, he has already made some decent signings including Tom Lapslie who I feel was unlucky to be released by us. If Tom has recovered from his injuries he will be a right little mid field battler in that league. Still only 25 he made 170 1st team appearances for us so has lots of experience to offer.

Ron on his annual 8 week holiday again where naff all gets done? Employs a SEO, has a director of football and yet we still have a team that is devoid of anything approaching challenging. The urgency after getting slapped so easily by an U23 team should of focused minds....sadly not
Damn I thought we had employed a CEO, not sure why we needed an SEO lol

Damn I thought we had employed a CEO, not sure why we needed an SEO lol
We'll be top of the league though for all the internet searches by people looking for shrimps for their tea, learning how to play/sing the blues or tracing their roots!

I actually really value the input from those ITK and usually find them pretty much genuine and recognise that sometimes things change.
Absolutely! And they’re normally pretty good, they don’t say it’s nailed on. It’s there ‘should’ be some good news. Rather than there ‘will’ be some good news. We ‘could’ so it’s left open and I don’t blame them. Look at Akinde, he was pretty much done and then pulled out at the 11th hour. All those ITK posters carry on, I find your posts interesting and it gives us more to talk about.

Absolutely! And they’re normally pretty good, they don’t say it’s nailed on. It’s there ‘should’ be some good news. Rather than there ‘will’ be some good news. We ‘could’ so it’s left open and I don’t blame them. Look at Akinde, he was pretty much done and then pulled out at the 11th hour. All those ITK posters carry on, I find your posts interesting and it gives us more to talk about.
100% agree

While not all rumours are true a lot of what turns out to be real news starts off as a whiff of a rumour on here. Long may it continue!

Back