• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

A few, when he was eventually able to by hook or by crook with the chairman out of action for most of January, by then it must have been very difficult to attract players being bottom of the league.

Our general strategy of failing to prepare for the season and then hoping we could get ourselves out of it by January was obviously totally idiotic by Ron and left us with no margin for error.

So to suggest MM had a level playing field in January just because he managed to bring in scraps nobody else wanted is hugely disingenuous.

Anyway, what's done is done, it just grates when people let Ron off the hook by blaming his fall guy.
I’m not letting Ron off but you can’t just put all of the blame on him.

Anyway I like where the signings are going and think we should have a decent squad of players come the start of the season. Not saying we are going to go straight back up but to be fighting will be something we haven’t been able to do for the past two seasons.

A few, when he was eventually able to by hook or by crook with the chairman out of action for most of January, by then it must have been very difficult to attract players being bottom of the league.

Our general strategy of failing to prepare for the season and then hoping we could get ourselves out of it by January was obviously totally idiotic by Ron and left us with no margin for error.

So to suggest MM had a level playing field in January just because he managed to bring in scraps nobody else wanted is hugely disingenuous.

Anyway, what's done is done, it just grates when people let Ron off the hook by blaming his fall guy.
Didn’t know Lee Majors was a mate of Ron’s?

Anyway I like where the signings are going and think we should have a decent squad of players come the start of the season. Not saying we are going to go straight back up but to be fighting will be something we haven’t been able to do for the past two seasons.

Agreed, I think we've looked to address a flimsy spine and added a bit of much needed quality up top. If we can get Dennis and another striker I'll perhaps upgrade my expectations to outsiders for a playoff place.

I’m always amazed that nobody spots Ron’s been moonlighting for years as an MP under the nom de plume Michael Fabricant. No wonder we’ve been so rubbish.

Majority of last season shocker was Ron doing, but MM was out of his depth! To many games where MM was scared to release the handbrake, instead settling for draws.....

We got proper manager in brown now so we should see a few more wins and maybe play off push.

Work being done on outgoings too. Sim has impressed PB massively, and as Moley said, is at the front of the running (along with Atkinson before his injury).

If PB gets who he wants in and out, the squad will be a lot more balance then it’s been for quite sometime.

So is Sim staying? And who is on the permanently out list, ANG +¿???

How many signings did he make again? I forget :Smile:

Permanent signings
Hobson - morning of season
Akinola - arranged over the summer; announced September; embargoed until December
ANG - joined mid-season
Walsh - late December
Ferguson - 29th Jan

Also signed on a "permanent" basis but less than one year deals the desperation signings of Halford, McCormack, Ranger, Holmes, Hart - all free agents without a club for a reason - and, after Gills did a bait and switch on deadline day, Mellish but I can't see how those can be held against him as we were just desperate for players.

Also worth noting that it is much easier to recruit close-season before you are marooned at the bottom of the league.

Majority of last season shocker was Ron doing, but MM was out of his depth! To many games where MM was scared to release the handbrake, instead settling for draws.....

We got proper manager in brown now so we should see a few more wins and maybe play off push.
When was the 'proper' manager's last successful season?
Just wondering.

Back