• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

I doubt we would want to talk to Akinde now after the events of January unless he has changed agent?

Ron was fuming at being messed around by big John that's for sure.
It would be PB's call though. However I'm doubtful that Akinde works hard enough off the ball to be someone PB would be interested in bringing in.

I wouldn't be sorry to see ANG go. Exactly what Crawley fans said about him, skilful but absolutely no end product. Whoever we have in the team this year, the one thing they MUST be is effective in their role and ANG doesn't cut it for me, but that is just me.
I think ANG is an out,out,out in Phil's eyes but I might be wrong

I think you're right Jasrod. I feel he was a panic buy in the first place and if you scouted him playing for us and you weren't desperate you wouldn't make the signing.

I wouldn't be sorry to see ANG go. Exactly what Crawley fans said about him, skilful but absolutely no end product. Whoever we have in the team this year, the one thing they MUST be is effective in their role and ANG doesn't cut it for me, but that is just me.

Isn't it the role of the manager & the coaching team to bring on players? This constant churn of players is not the way forward, is it?

Even if we get this loanee from QPR I feel we're a little lite upfront with Dalby also being an unknown quantity.

When was the 'proper' manager's last successful season?
Just wondering.
I do think personal dislike of individuals does sometimes, perhaps, lead to uncharitable opinions and a lack of objectivity. Most managers never get promotions on their record at all, and his record with us is good. Two playoffs and a missed playoff by one place in 5 years. Hate him as much as you like many will be of the opinion that had he come in earlier last year we would have stayed up.
We understand for some he will never do right but when it came to appointing a new manager over 80% on here presumably disagreed..
MM was a very very nice man. Very.

Last edited:
Have I clicked the wrong thread ? Thought was summer transfer window now about last season or mm?
It was but even now there are some desperate to have an opportunity to have a pop at the manager who they have a personal dislike for. MM is gone, we have a new manager, and one the vast majority wanted. Can the mods open an ex-manager thread?

I do think personal dislike of individuals does sometimes, perhaps, lead to uncharitable opinions and a lack of objectivity. Most managers never get promotions on their record at all, and his record with us is good. Two playoffs and a missed playoff by one place in 5 years. Hate him as much as you like many will be of the opinion that had he come in earlier last year we would have stayed up.
We understand for some he will never do right but when it came to appointing a new manager over 80% on here presumably disagreed..
MM was a very very nice man. Very.
He wouldn't have come in earlier last year though, we know he turned the job down. Brown knew the **** we were in and wanted to wait until the conditions were more favourable. He knew coming in when he did he wouldn't be blamed for relegation, and he would have assurances from Ron that the money situation would be better. He said himself he wouldn't have taken the job unless the budget was there.

MM was always going to fail - anyone would have in those circumstances. But most wouldn't have taken the job in the first place, including Barrett and including Brown. It's why you can't compare the two, but MM will always have my respect for putting his head in where it hurts and where others refused to.

Back