• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Wow, some of these suggestions are clear that its been forgotten we're now non-league. Freddie Sears? Ben Reeves? lol. Even if they are prepared to drop to non-league, it wont be with us when there are at least 10 clubs richer than us, better run and more likely to be in the running for promotion in 2022.

We'll be going all out for promotion whilst we still have the parachute money.

Basically if you don't get out first season it gets a lot harder.

So we'll probably be operating on a bigger budget than many L2 clubs who'll still be operating under the wage cap. Plus we'll be a draw as we'll offer the opportunity to play in front of big crowds.

Absolutely agree with your above YB. While we have the parachute payment and PBs priority of a competitive budget, it has to be full steam ahead for a big bash at getting back in the first year.

No transfer window to contend with either, so if a player isn't working, big pressure on him as he can be outed. Especially if we offer shorter contracts, or depreciating contracts should we miss out on promotion, but bonus based if it is achieved.

We'll be going all out for promotion whilst we still have the parachute money.

Basically if you don't get out first season it gets a lot harder.

So we'll probably be operating on a bigger budget than many L2 clubs who'll still be operating under the wage cap. Plus we'll be a draw as we'll offer the opportunity to play in front of big crowds.

I thought the L2 wage cap was abandoned mid season? Could be wrong though.

Ah, Phil Brown in charge of a large budget. What could possibly go wrong? :Hilarious:It's like 2017 all over again.

Hudlin certainly has made an impression.
Yep I've been talking him up as a possible for us all season, not sure how expensive he would be and now he's had more of a run I'd worry a FL team might beat us to him.

Yep I've been talking him up as a possible for us all season, not sure how expensive he would be and now he's had more of a run I'd worry a FL team might beat us to him.

He wouldn't come cheap. Solihull don't need the money.

These are the sort of players we should be targeting not ex premier league players on there last legs young hungry players

Joe Tomlinson from Eastleigh? Young two-footed full back who likes to get forward and with a mature head on his shoulders.

Looking to take gambles on the next Goodship is something we are unlikely to see under PB. Its not his style and we don't have financial time as a club. The forwards will be experienced target men with at least one of them capable of winning headers.

As for our current lot, some may chose to move on or up but rather than mass clear outs some lads will obviously be kept. Then add some experienced EFL, good work ethic, and lads who ended up overlooked from our academy. Finally couple of young loanees will be the way forward.

I really don't see it as the total rebuild some on here want. If we won our appeal/court case and stayed in L2. Then just 2 or 3 forwards would make us top half/capable of play-offs. I have watched plenty of poor down the bottom L2 teams over the years. Most of them looked like they were only ever going to lose. We looked like a team that could never win. There is a big difference.

Back