• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

I dont think Elvis will go, I think we get a bit of compo if he does go as we offered a contract and I dont think anyone will want to pay for him, free maybe, for dollar no
We'd probably be in for a decent whack of compo for him too given how long he's been at the club and how much he's played, is an international too. Unless he really fights for a move to get sold on the cheap it's unlikely in the current climate that someone would chance it.

I assume this will be announced when Bromley release their retained list
Hmm. We knew this was coming but I don't know if I love it. I liked what I saw of him for Chelmsford but he's never done the business consistently at any higher level and looks like a lower-budget Hutch but without the benefit of youth on his side any more.

Hmm. We knew this was coming but I don't know if I love it. I liked what I saw of him for Chelmsford but he's never done the business consistently at any higher level and looks like a lower-budget Hutch.
I’ll admit to not knowing a great deal about Bridge since leaving Blues. But a Bromley fan I know is gutted to be losing him. Along the lines of ‘on his day hes unplayable’ obviously we’ll have to wait and see for ourselves how he’s come along, but I trust the team of management to do that

I’ll admit to not knowing a great deal about Bridge since leaving Blues. But a Bromley fan I know is gutted to be losing him. Along the lines of ‘on his day hes unplayable’ obviously we’ll have to wait and see for ourselves how he’s come along, but I trust the team of management to do that
I am underwhelmed by this signing.

Thanks for that.

Would you share with us the Bromley fan‘s feedback on Bridge’s performance on Sunday please?

Thanks for that.

Would you share with us the Bromley fan‘s feedback on Bridge’s performance on Sunday please?
Saw some on TV, he wasnt at the front of a lot of the action nor was he non existent, but not a good game for sure. Then I didn’t think much of Bromley overall, quite sad really started watching the games on BT sport as soon as it was confirmed we were down.

Blimey, some people on here do my head in. Last season we couldn’t sign anyone, had no preseason and started and played a huge chunk of the season with kids. PB, Fagan and Duncan have identified targets and looking to get recruitment done early. We need a blend of youth and experience, those left over from last season offer youth and what the management team are doing now is bringing in experience and in a majority of cases knowledge and experience of playing in the NL. We do need to get them over the line though and although a lot of talk of signing this player or that player only White, Hobson and Dunne have signed up so far. If and it’s a big IF we get Murphy, Couldon, Bridge and Agogo over the line plus a few like Hart and Elvis committing themselves then that’s a pretty decent squad. Assuming Ox leaves then a decent replacement will also need to be found. Let’s see what happens over the next few weeks and get behind the team

Should we not give the lad a chance? Or slaughter him before he’s even arrived?
Yes, I remember the few games he played for us and he was a constructive midfielder who wanted the ball and was comfortable. However in his last start he was slow in his processing, got the ball won from him in a dangerous position and five seconds later the ball was in the back of our net. His confidence evaporated, sections of the Hall got on his back and made a bad incident worse Jack was subbed and that was it. IIRC!
I hope he comes back and silences the boo boys.

Bridge is well known to the management team, they know what he can and can't do. Has experience at EFL level and, of course, the experience at Bromley will be invaluable. The bromley fans clearly rate him and want him to stay- but the same caveat applies, whether fans like and player or don't actually carries little weight because, as we we know, fans very often can't see what a player brings (or conversely imagine they bring something in reality they dont). On this one I would say PB, RG and CF know exactly what they are doing. There was, of course, a time when we also liked a "local lad" for whom the shirt means something.

I saw Bridge at Chelmsford a few times and was really excited to see what kind of impact he could make at Southend when he returned, but unfortunately it never really happened for him. He's a few years older now and he certainly has ability to do well at this level.

The trouble is he's the type of player that is indeed unplayable on his day but when it's not his day he can drift out of games quite a bit. That kind of thing improves with age as his work off the ball and positioning will improve.

Fairly pleased with this signing - he helped Bromley to a playoff place and they put a fair few noses out of joint. Let's see what he can do.

Bridge never really looked to me like he had the belief in himself to make it hopefully now a bit older with confidence that is there.

Back