• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

rather have Sam Barratt, so peed off when we let him go, now 15 goals for our new opponents Maidenhead, Can we get him back? I suppose as usual he will knock one in against us
Did let him go? I seem to remember that he didn't sign the offered contract for the entire summer, I might be misremembering this though

Did let him go? I seem to remember that he didn't sign the offered contract for the entire summer, I might be misremembering this though
If i got it right Mark m didnt offer him any contract he was just released after his long term injury .Poor bloke was not even offered a short term deal to prove his full fitness from a bad injury .

This will be my only comment on age. Ronaldo is 37 next birthday......just saying.
[/
Haven't heard anything about us going for Joss Labadie, but I've always been impressed whenever I've seen him for Newport in recent years. Doesn't he have quite a bad injury record though?
Haven't heard anything about us going for Joss Labadie, but I've always been impressed whenever I've seen him for Newport in recent years. Doesn't he have quite a bad injury record though?
Hes been suspended at 2 different clubs for biting an opponent.

FarmdogSUFC said:

Are you sure that wasn’t Joss Labrador?

Attachments

• 3190C6AE-9FFB-4111-9DD5-BC7C89EECB55.jpeg
    3190C6AE-9FFB-4111-9DD5-BC7C89EECB55.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 133
If i got it right Mark m didnt offer him any contract he was just released after his long term injury .Poor bloke was not even offered a short term deal to prove his full fitness from a bad injury .
I was under the impression he had been offered a deal even before MM arrived, albeit a relatively meagre one as you might expect when someone has been injured all season. Someone else on the thread I posted that in claimed the info was incorrect, but I had heard that info from a relatively reliable source, albeit not one directly connected with the club.

Think that rumour is purely based on the fact us, Bromley, and Boreham Wood have had him on loan in the past.

Problem with Hackett-Fairchild was that he would have a very good game followed by several poor/anonymous games.

Brown might have liked him because he worked hard to track back, but his defensive awareness is poor and constantly followed the ball, thus losing the opposition's full back.

Think that rumour is purely based on the fact us, Bromley, and Boreham Wood have had him on loan in the past.

Problem with Hackett-Fairchild was that he would have a very good game followed by several poor/anonymous games.

Brown might have liked him because he worked hard to track back, but his defensive awareness is poor and constantly followed the ball, thus losing the opposition's full back.
When I played I was all left foot and I expected more from him as a professional player. Defenders quickly worked out that if you stopped him on his left he was pretty ineffective. I can only remember his first game for us when he scored that was memorable.

Back