• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Think that rumour is purely based on the fact us, Bromley, and Boreham Wood have had him on loan in the past.

Problem with Hackett-Fairchild was that he would have a very good game followed by several poor/anonymous games.

Brown might have liked him because he worked hard to track back, but his defensive awareness is poor and constantly followed the ball, thus losing the opposition's full back.

One of the things that really surprised me about Hackett-Fairchild is that Southend never played him as a central striker, particularly after Ranger got injured in his comeback match and Emile Acquah seemed to be out of favour. At 6' 2" Hackett-Fairchild had good height and a good left-foot. Did anyone ever see him head the ball during a game?

One of the things that really surprised me about Hackett-Fairchild is that Southend never played him as a central striker, particularly after Ranger got injured in his comeback match and Emile Acquah seemed to be out of favour. At 6' 2" Hackett-Fairchild had good height and a good left-foot. Did anyone ever see him head the ball during a game?
I recall him being tried more centrally once or twice later on during a few games, but he kept drifting wide/deep.

No ta. The most one sided player I've ever seen. Easy for opposition to nullify.
Especially when he was played/switched to the right. I saw no value in that. He looked much better on the left. As he failed to set L2 alight it’s doubtful he’d star in the NL.
Watch him join someone else and slam in a 30 yard curler against us!

Especially when he was played/switched to the right. I saw no value in that. He looked much better on the left. As he failed to set L2 alight it’s doubtful he’d star in the NL.
Watch him join someone else and slam in a 30 yard curler against us!
To be fair (I know, I know...) wasn't it his performances for Bromley in the NL that got him the move to Portsmouth? So probably he can indeed do it there andI guess some at Portsmouth people believe he can do it higher.
But don't really get it- he's 22, did I see Portsmouth are extending his contract? so they must see something in him, yet loaning him back again to NL at 22 years old would suggest otherwise. I think I would take him on a free- but not a loan at the expense of our own like Egbri and Kinali.

I see PB is claiming to be talking to a “league standard” goalkeeper at the moment. Any rumours as to who this could be?

Personally I would like to see Seaden given a chance this season but appreciate he has no experience.

We need a keeper who is prepared to come off the line to claim or punch the ball & no fcuk up that would put us on back foot.

I see PB is claiming to be talking to a “league standard” goalkeeper at the moment. Any rumours as to who this could be?

Personally I would like to see Seaden given a chance this season but appreciate he has no experience.
I would send Seaden on loan to like of Concord to give him games experience.

Yes that surprised me too. Mm did have a penchant for playing everybody wide....

To be fair (I know, I know...) wasn't it his performances for Bromley in the NL that got him the move to Portsmouth? So probably he can indeed do it there andI guess some at Portsmouth people believe he can do it higher.
But don't really get it- he's 22, did I see Portsmouth are extending his contract? so they must see something in him, yet loaning him back again to NL at 22 years old would suggest otherwise. I think I would take him on a free- but not a loan at the expense of our own like Egbri and Kinali.
I more meant he would be unlikely to star in the NL for us. As you say we’ve got Kinali, Egbri, Walsh who can play that role and I’d rather we move on, good luck to the lad though.

Back