• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

It would be good to have Coughlan back - a nice chap & a good boost for the club. Would love to see him standing on the side at Roots Hall barking at the players again.

Chris said unlikely to be an ex SUFC player so I would imagine that also rules out Coughlan. I’m sure he wouldn’t come back with us in non league anyway.

Could be our old manager Joe Dunne, he is a former player and has managed two EFL clubs although he was also a caretaker manager at Bristol Rovers, he lives in Essex still too. Joe also played for us when Craig Fagan initially joined us from Birmingham on loan.

Last edited:
John Sitton I've heard.

"You, you little c..t, when I tell you to do something, and you, you fuc.ing big c..t, when I tell you to do something, do it. And if you come back at me, we'll have a fuking right sort-out in here. All right? And you can pair up if you like, and you can fuking pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your ****ing dinner. 'Cos by the time I've finished with you, you'll ****ing need it."[7]
External video
video icon
John Sitton, "bring your dinner team talk"[7]

Interesting style.........

Moley, are there any more signings likely over the weekend?
We’ve had four in a week already, the issue is not about how many, it’s about their quality at this level. We seem to be content to pick up players that have been released or out of contract (that may be the same thing).
In recent seasons Clubs that won promotion have tended to spend the cash on players. Forest Green and Salford spring to mind. In the current season Stockport, Chesterfield and Notts County have all spent to try and win promotion. My point is that with parachute payments, whilst there available, we need to invest in players , strikers of quality, not necessarily a player that’s cheap and sits behind 10 other players in goals chart.0

We’ve had four in a week already, the issue is not about how many, it’s about their quality at this level. We seem to be content to pick up players that have been released or out of contract (that may be the same thing).
In recent seasons Clubs that won promotion have tended to spend the cash on players. Forest Green and Salford spring to mind. In the current season Stockport, Chesterfield and Notts County have all spent to try and win promotion. My point is that with parachute payments, whilst there available, we need to invest in players , strikers of quality, not necessarily a player that’s cheap and sits behind 10 other players in goals chart.0

I agree with you but two quick qualifiers. First, it is possible to invest in the team and not succeed at all. Second, Morecambe is an example of a team shrewdly managed that operated with the smallest budget in the EFL and succeeded in winning promotion to Division 1.

Having said that, I would love Southend to push the boat out a bit, in budget terms, to get a 25 year old striker like Danilo Orsi-Dadomo, the 6'2"striker Maidenhead striker who scored 19 goals in his first full season in NL and is coming to the end of his contract in late June.

I agree with you but two quick qualifiers. First, it is possible to invest in the team and not succeed at all. Second, Morecambe is an example of a team shrewdly managed that operated with the smallest budget in the EFL and succeeded in winning promotion to Division 1.

Having said that, I would love Southend to push the boat out a bit, in budget terms, to get a 25 year old striker like Danilo Orsi-Dadomo, the 6'2"striker Maidenhead striker who scored 19 goals in his first full season in NL and is coming to the end of his contract in late June.

The boat would have to be pushed into the EFL.

Ron and the New CEO are listening to fans, as we don't want to pay the taxman late. The the budget will be quite tight, it means a lack those perfect 27 year old signings that some are demanding.....Or up and coming 20 a season young and hungry types.

Back