• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

While I agree, I do think you will need 3,4 or maybe 5 experienced players within for the squad for their experience. White wants to stay it seems, PB indicated hw would like to keep Holmes around so thats 2. I would not keep both Macca and Demi one or the other or possibly neither, but that leaves maybe 2 places out of the 5.

Not advocating Cox just saying experience within the squad will be needed

On Demi and Macca...Thanks immensely to both for everything but for me JD has been at least 2 years off his prime and fortunate to have had a contract.

Having read some of Stans posts and also watched his zoom calls, Stan has discussed with Ron the importance of not signing players on silly three year contracts or paying over the odds in this division on wages. If a new CEO or 2 do come in surely a decision on players, contracts and wages will be part of their job and also i believe Stan will also advise. Im happy with PB coming in but we must not make the same mistakes as we did during his last spell and with more club structure in place hopefully we wont. The club needs to stabilise. Id loved to go up first time of asking but mid table after what weve been through wouldn't be a disaster and then you build for the following season. Sure thats what happened to Orient

I find it hard to talk about or suggestion names right now. First thing is seeing what we currently have. JW and RH are top priority personally. Then a striker.

Tshimanga has been mentioned and what be great but I think our expectations need to be lowered. I remember when we signed Barry Corr. I had no idea who he was beforehand and when I looked at his stats and felt a bit underwhelmed. He turned out to be a great servant to the club. I think a lot of the players we sign this year will be like that. Players that are perhaps just below the radar.

The squad Luggy put together is still one of my favourites.

Well said. Add to ur suggestions Clifford (presume in contract)

With a few exceptions the rest can go

I read Corr the same way initially...poor stats, imperfect discipline and I remember seeing him from the E Stand(Im a Westie usually) once again Chelty and he was dreadful...no timing in the air and just pants...How wrong I was and weve all missed him since.

On Demi and Macca...Thanks immensely to both for everything but for me JD has been at least 2 years off his prime and fortunate to have had a contract.

That Demetriou contract was a disaster and made all the worst by the fact that we had a younger, better, cheaper replacement at right-back just waiting for the opportunity,

The problem with older players is their injury-proneness. Success comes with your core players being able to play 35-40 games- White has struggled recently and Holmes also has a poor injury record of late. Think how ever-present the likes of Leonard, Timlin, Atkinson, Barrett, Bolger, Payne, Bentley were and going back to Tillys time- Freddy, Gower, Maher, Wilson, Flavs etc.

I like the look of Ryan Seager from Hungerford. Good pedigree being a Southampton graduate, 25 years old and scored 14 goals in 19 games in the Conference South before the season was curtailed.

Also really like the look of Lee’s son, Harvey Bradbury. Joined Oxford City last season from Milwall and scored 8 goals in 15 appearances. 22 years old, 6ft 3in tall and another one with very good pedigree given his old man and previous clubs.

Would far rather look at talented younger players on the way up than older pro’s on the way down.

Good video here of Harvey Bradbury destroying Hungerford. Looks a great player. Really like the look of him and could be a good target man as part of a 4 or 5 man strike force.

Mike Fondop released by Burton. Scored a few in the national league last season., ex Billericay
He was the other non-league big lump I mentioned earlier in the season along with Hudlin. Not much of a scorer and a bit prone to losing his temper but a good physical target man.

Back