• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

How have I just come on this thread to see someone say Acquah showed some ability? Not sure what matches they were watching ?

Can only be Walsall away with a well taken late winner. A highlight in a very low period. Good luck to him but feel he would be better off at a lower level than even we are to try to build a career.

Dont be nasty. C and P is a good bloke and im sure we hope they are D2 champs next year!

Thanks mate, no offence taken from the previous post though, in fact I found it quite funny. I asked for it really, I just thought some of you might be interested in our new players as I am with your signings.

Would certainly be worth looking at anyway. It's actually a position I'd rather we tried to get someone experienced in for. We've seen what happened with Acquah last season in that role. Important the number 9 role is filled correctly
Spot on.

Unfortunately we've seen in that past that just because you're 6ft3+ it doesn't make you a target man. It's a trade you learn over a number of years like Barry Corr. From positioning, throwing the odd elbow and even defending set pieces a target man will be huge for us next season.

Spot on.

Unfortunately we've seen in that past that just because you're 6ft3+ it doesn't make you a target man. It's a trade you learn over a number of years like Barry Corr. From positioning, throwing the odd elbow and even defending set pieces a target man will be huge for us next season.

If we are going to reference Barry Corr, then running the length of the pitch to the ref, standing in his/her face and telling them the rules of the game & how their decision is wrong should also be included in the job description.

If we are going to reference Barry Corr, then running the length of the pitch to the ref, standing in his/her face and telling them the rules of the game & how their decision is wrong should also be included in the job description.
Don't forget to mention that tattoos on the arms are not compulsory however will be viewed positively by the fan base and add to the "Hard b******" look we desperately need.

Some more possibilities include Aaron Pressley (Brentford), Marco Ramkilde (QPR), and Hamzad Kargbo (QPR).

Tottenham have also released Enock Asante and Rodel Richards, could be worth trials.

I hope it's the guy from Brentford, Aaron Pressley and Elvis in the same team if he stays would be some feat!!

Despite their torrid season, there's a couple of Barnet players worth looking at who's contracts are expiring this month. Ephron Mason-Clark and Wesley Fonguck. Both young have a fair few games under their belts at this level.

Despite their torrid season, there's a couple of Barnet players worth looking at who's contracts are expiring this month. Ephron Mason-Clark and Wesley Fonguck. Both young have a fair few games under their belts at this level.

Fonguck looks a great player and is supposedly one of the best midfielders in the league depending on who you ask. Would be an excellent signing but he’s 23 and I heard Barnet are offering him a new contract. So I believe they’d be entitled to compensation which might rule that one out. Would imagine there might also be some league clubs in for him too.

Fonguck looks a great player and is supposedly one of the best midfielders in the league depending on who you ask. Would be an excellent signing but he’s 23 and I heard Barnet are offering him a new contract. So I believe they’d be entitled to compensation which might rule that one out. Would imagine there might also be some league clubs in for him too.

Guess it depends how much the compensation fee is. He's played 104 games for Barnet (only 13 games last season due to an ACL injury) and could be low. The serious injury could also be a problem.

According to the below, we had to pay £17,500 + add-ons for Straker who played over 200 games for Aldershot.

Fonguck is a real player. Don’t get the impression that he really loves the game, though - more of a means to an end. Would try to sign him for Sarfend if I was gaffa.

Mason-Clark is all sizzle and no sausage.

Guess it depends how much the compensation fee is. He's played 104 games for Barnet (only 13 games last season due to an ACL injury) and could be low. The serious injury could also be a problem.

According to the below, we had to pay £17,500 + add-ons for Straker who played over 200 games for Aldershot.

CP just tweeted that Barnet are interested in ANG and Akinola so maybe there’s a deal to be done there!

Back