• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Well said. Add to ur suggestions Clifford (presume in contract)

With a few exceptions the rest can go

I read Corr the same way initially...poor stats, imperfect discipline and I remember seeing him from the E Stand(Im a Westie usually) once again Chelty and he was dreadful...no timing in the air and just pants...How wrong I was and weve all missed him since.

Oh Clifford for sure. I thought I read somewhere than we have an option for him but I know nothing to be certain. I mention JW and RH in particular because they're two absolute corner stones in our team, one in defending, the other in attacking. It might seem back to front forming a team around two older players but I feel that's kind of what needs to be done for this season. Hopefully we can sign someone, or there's someone in that team that can emerge has the player you build a team around for the future. But I wouldn't like to put the pressure on signing those types of player right now.

Lol...ur funny...HE IS ONE OF THE MOST CONSISTENTLY POOR Strikers Ive ever seen at RH

It was a bit tongue in cheek because I don't think he would ever go back to you, but he was very decent when he played for us. I think Theo is a confidence player, he needs the fans behind him and also of course his mate Frank Nouble was at Colchester too.

What do players cost usually in the NL South/North? Maybe we could have a look at players at thy level that have huge potential and mix it up with some experienced players in NL.

Lol...ur funny...HE IS ONE OF THE MOST CONSISTENTLY POOR Strikers Ive ever seen at RH

Theo was at motherwell for a short while and tony straker but Theo was really bad and motherwell have had some bad uns over the years the supporters actually laughed at him no doubt about his effort and running but there was no end product at all headless chicken springs to mind

Wishful thinking! There are plenty of clubs in the NL paying £1,500-£2,000 p/w. Madness.
Yes this unfortunately. Especially strikers. A good L2 striker can actually earn more in the NL because the impact on success is higher at that level. And the NL club with deep pockets knows they want a premium to drop a level/stay at a lower level.

That said the NL has been even harder hit the the EFL financially after the Gov rowed back on it grant promise. So suspect some of those clubs maybe cutting the cloth.

One that jumped out at me on the released list today was Clayton Donaldson of Bradford. Always liked the look of him. Could be a Goater type as he is now 37, but has banged out plenty of game time even recently.

Yes this unfortunately. Especially strikers. A good L2 striker can actually earn more in the NL because the impact on success is higher at that level. And the NL club with deep pockets knows they want a premium to drop a level/stay at a lower level.

That said the NL has been even harder hit the the EFL financially after the Gov rowed back on it grant promise. So suspect some of those clubs maybe cutting the cloth.

Didn't Stockport pay serious cash fo Paddy Madden this season?

One that jumped out at me on the released list today was Clayton Donaldson of Bradford. Always liked the look of him. Could be a Goater type as he is now 37, but has banged out plenty of game time even recently.
Given we have posters on here that don’t want Simon Cox because he does live up to their expectations I doubt this will fly

Yes, they paid a £250K fee to sign him and a reported £4K a week wages on a 3.5 year contract!
This is what we'll be up against. We need to find a better way because I don't want us committing to long-term contracts with £4k per week wages in the VNL. That right there is the road back to where we've been recently and back in 2010.

Back