• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Our £100k+ men
#​
player​
Age​
Season​
From​
Fee​
1​
Mike Marsh​
26​
95/96​
Galatasaray​
£540k​
2​
Simon Coleman​
29​
97/98​
Bolton​
£401k​
3​
Gary Poole​
25​
93/94​
Plymouth​
£360k​
4​
Andy Thomson​
23​
94/95​
Queen o. t. S.​
£338k​
5​
Richie Foran​
26​
06/07​
Motherwell FC​
£270k​
6​
Billy Paynter​
22​
06/07​
Hull City​
£270k​
7​
Nicky Bailey​
23​
07/08​
Barnet​
£234k​
8​
Peter Clarke​
24​
06/07​
Blackpool​
£225k​
9​
Michael Timlin​
26​
11/12​
Swindon Town​
£203k​
10​
Jason Lee​
22​
93/94​
Lincoln City​
£203k​
11​
Alex Revell​
24​
44415​
Brighton​
£203k​
12​
Stan Collymore​
21​
92/93​
Crystal Palace​
£150k​
13​
Keith Dublin​
28​
94/95​
Watford​
£113k​
14​
Roger Willis​
27​
94/95​
Birmingham​
£109k​
15​
Ricky Otto​
25​
93/94​
Leyton Orient​
£101k​
16​
Andy Sussex​
26​
91/92​
Crewe Alexandra​
£100k​
Why does Transfermarkt say we paid £401k for Simon Coleman when he was signed on a free transfer? Surely not a chance in hell we paid over £200k for Timlin or Bailey either.

Our £100k+ men
#​
player​
Age​
Season​
From​
Fee​
1​
Mike Marsh​
26​
95/96​
Galatasaray​
£540k​
2​
Simon Coleman​
29​
97/98​
Bolton​
£401k​
3​
Gary Poole​
25​
93/94​
Plymouth​
£360k​
4​
Andy Thomson​
23​
94/95​
Queen o. t. S.​
£338k​
5​
Richie Foran​
26​
06/07​
Motherwell FC​
£270k​
6​
Billy Paynter​
22​
06/07​
Hull City​
£270k​
7​
Nicky Bailey​
23​
07/08​
Barnet​
£234k​
8​
Peter Clarke​
24​
06/07​
Blackpool​
£225k​
9​
Michael Timlin​
26​
11/12​
Swindon Town​
£203k​
10​
Jason Lee​
22​
93/94​
Lincoln City​
£203k​
11​
Alex Revell​
24​
44415​
Brighton​
£203k​
12​
Stan Collymore​
21​
92/93​
Crystal Palace​
£150k​
13​
Keith Dublin​
28​
94/95​
Watford​
£113k​
14​
Roger Willis​
27​
94/95​
Birmingham​
£109k​
15​
Ricky Otto​
25​
93/94​
Leyton Orient​
£101k​
16​
Andy Sussex​
26​
91/92​
Crewe Alexandra​
£100k​
This list is inaccurate

What happened in 93/94 for us to have so much money for transfers? I was only 4 at the time lol!

We sold Stanley Victor Collymore for a few mill to Forest and for the only time in our history we had serious cash to splash…

It still gets my goat that the huge possibilities Stan’s transfer fee (the like of which we may wait years to see again - or never see again) brought to our club was splashed up the wall by Barry Fry and ultimately only benefitted his career and his pocket, not our club. Fry was the right guy at the right time, in my opinion, but his grubby careerism wasted that opportunity. We could have got to the Prem with him in that season and who knows where history would have led us. As it is, those expensive signings faded away, the wrong manager came in and couldn’t maintain the progress we’d made and Fry drifted off into managerial obscurity albeit with a fat payday from Brum. It wasn’t an unreasonable decision of his to go to Brum but I can’t forgive him for it.

CP has confirmed, in the article about making a decision this week on a goalkeeper, that we are interested in a striker at another National League Club, which would fit the Jake Hyde rumour.

Another name I’ve had mentioned to me is Paul McCallum, but he signed a 3 year deal in 2020. Currently at Daggers, so would fit in with what CP said.

CP has confirmed, in the article about making a decision this week on a goalkeeper, that we are interested in a striker at another National League Club, which would fit the Jake Hyde rumour.

Another name I’ve had mentioned to me is Paul McCallum, but he signed a 3 year deal in 2020. Currently at Daggers, so would fit in with what CP said.

I'm old by a Dagenham player we could no match their wages on a couple of players of interest.....Even the ones out of contract and taking a cut have resigned with Daggers.

I have no doubt the word underwhelmed will be seen on here over the next 2 months. The only area we might push the boat out is for another forward but some are still wanting another 3 or 4 in that position.

PM isn’t on our radar anymore.

I'm old by a Dagenham player we could no match their wages on a couple of players of interest.....Even the ones out of contract and taking a cut have resigned with Daggers.

I have no doubt the word underwhelmed will be seen on here over the next 2 months. The only area we might push the boat out is for another forward but some are still wanting another 3 or 4 in that position.

Is the ‘t’ on your keyboard a bit sticky, by any chance? :Smile:

Good. For once we aren't actually pushing wages above what we can afford.

It's years of paying ludicrous wages which has led us to where we are.

Pay what we can afford. Even if that means several seasons in the national league.

Back