• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

One of the slightly more reliable twitter transfer pundits suggesting we are back in for Paul McCallum..

Can’t see it- surely fee plus as suggested not insignificant wages- there again it would be the NL version of a wow signing..

Could a swap deal with Akinola be tempting for them?

Looks like we are going head to head with the daggers over Ogogo!! Pocket power uncle Ron don’t loose out on this one pls ??

Looks like we are going head to head with the daggers over Ogogo!! Pocket power uncle Ron don’t loose out on this one pls ??
Agree this could be a good signing on paper. However, we need to stay within our budgets and make sure we so not have financial issues down the line, so if the deal is too much then we should be prudent sadly and move on

Can I just ask... how does anyone know anything much about so many National League players? Have you all been watching the NL highlights somewhere with the knowledge we would drop, is it based on internet/fans forum hearsay or does everything come from signing them on FIFA or Football Manager?

Personally I've barely heard of any of these players, let alone whether they would be any good or not.

Can I just ask... how does anyone know anything much about so many National League players? Have you all been watching the NL highlights somewhere with the knowledge we would drop, is it based on internet/fans forum hearsay or does everything come from signing them on FIFA or Football Manager?

Personally I've barely heard of any of these players, let alone whether they would be any good or not.
Maybe your location is not helping :Highfive:

Its real easy, just look up some stats and make your judgement on that.

If you need to do scrupulous due diligence a flick through his last clubs forum will add weight to your opinion.

I’ve been a Blues supporter for almost 60 years having spent my childhood days living in and around the Southend area for many years, prior to moving to the Midlands.
For the last 6/7 seasons I’ve been watching NL games around the country following my son whom has played at this during that time. Clearly you tend to identify with players regularly and form an opinion. As for availability you just need to view other clubs website’s and fans forums, picking up retained/released lists at this time of the year.

I wonder if Emmanuel Idem is on our radar at all? Imposing young goalkeeper, signed for Derby on a season-long contract last season for their U23s after playing for Canvey Island, but has played for Stoke and Villa's academies. His agent is David Lee.

I wonder if Emmanuel Idem is on our radar at all? Imposing young goalkeeper, signed for Derby on a season-long contract last season for their U23s after playing for Canvey Island, but has played for Stoke and Villa's academies. His agent is David Lee.

Failing that I like the look of 6'8 Aaron Chapman

We have our own very talented u23 goalkeeper. Unless it an u23 with lots of first team (i.e. mens football) experience it would be disappointing to go down that route, and so more interesting to me is what experienced goalkeepers fit the bill..

Back