• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Abuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
From wiki...

He was spotted as a fourteen-year-old by Arsenal playing for Fulham and joined after successfully completing a six-week trial, along with former Wimbledon teammates Kieran Gibbs and James Dunne... In October 2008, Ogogo joined Championship side Nottingham Forest on a two-week trial from Arsenal along with James Dunne and Paul Rodgers, with the view to a permanent deal.

so he knows Dunne already.

Aston Oxborough is my guess

Was just about to say the same. Potentials are:

Of those three, Oxborough fits the bill the most. Good age, good height, non-league experience and was set to join Salford last season but for an Achilles injury. Salford are no mugs, so he must be highly rated. Coming back from injury probably means we have a shot at getting him, rather than him going to a league club.

Archie Mair is also likely, he spent time at Kings Lynn last season

Mair has not made his Norwich City first-team bow yet but was on the bench for the club last season in our Premier League match at home to Aston Villa and has spent this season performing regularly for King’s Lynn Town in the National League.

“We are very excited with Archie,” said Wootten. “He has worked very hard and has had a difficult season in the National League with the fixture congestion they have had, but dealt with it very well. It is a challenging level of football. The National League is very direct and physical, and he’s had to face different challenge and we are delighted with his progress.

mair v sutton Cropped.jpg

“We have been pleased with how he’s been looked after (at King’s Lynn). They’ve put a lot of trust in a young goalkeeper – some managers would be apprehensive about playing a young keeper, but he has played well throughout the season. He works with us on a daily basis, and it is healthy to have him here, and then he gets the rewards at the end of the week to play football.

I know we have had some very successful loan goalies over the last few years but I would much rather have a permanent signing than a loan player. But perhaps beggars can't be as choosy as they would like to be ...........
I'd like to think it allows to swap between Seaden and the loanee to enable Seaden to develop into our eventual number 1.

I literally just replied to the tweet with that name. Spent time at Wealdstone in the league below I believe. 6ft 5 so you’d like to think he is a presence in his area.

I feel he's the likely candidate. Bloke's a giant, a good age, and had a good spell at Wealdstone. Has suffered a serious Achilles tendon rupture since his spell at Wealdstone, which scuppered a loan to Salford last season. Hopefully he's recovered well.

I think it's between him and an 'experienced' goalkeeper, likely Adam Smith.

Back