• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Even Chorley in the NL north pay crazy wages. They have Adam Henley there who played at Blackburn and I here he is on ridiculous wages for that level. A lot of teams in non league are full time now and tbh this should really be a “league three” we are in considering some teams in NL north and south have the financial backing decent size clubs. It’s not like how it was in then 90s when non league clubs were part time and even had to apply to get promoted when they won the league. I think it’s going to be a lot what Tilson said in the zoom call a few weeks back, look at the local young talent playing in the lower leagues and snap them up. Get a nice core of local/Essex lads in and get a feel good factor going into the season and have a 2/3 year plan on challenging for promotion with a squad that has stayed together and improved over the next few seasons.

In the NL North and South?

When Danny Kedwell was playing for Ebbsfleet in the NL South he was on £2,000 per week.

I know there is a complete myth on here that former ageing stars demand and get high wages. but AB, Freddy and Barnard never got as much as that second time around.

Not that i'm in favour of signing the likes of Simon Cox but just pointing out that football is show business after all. When your flavour of the month you can demand £30,000 per week to be the pantomime star but just like the life of a striker, it can be very short.

Wont the new CEO we about to hire be in charge of wages not PB
,PB can speak to the players he wants but i do believe its the CEO position to debate that players salary not PBs

When Danny Kedwell was playing for Ebbsfleet in the NL South he was on £2,000 per week.

I know there is a complete myth on here that former ageing stars demand and get high wages. but AB, Freddy and Barnard never got as much as that second time around.

Not that i'm in favour of signing the likes of Simon Cox but just pointing out that football is show business after all. When your flavour of the month you can demand £30,000 per week to be the pantomime star but just like the life of a striker, it can be very short.

Ebbsfleet have Kuwaiti backers though, that's not surprising

I really liked the look of Kabongo Tshimanga when we played Borehamwood in the cup league season. He’s got a decent record in the national league as well with 15 goals this season in the league. Only 23 as well so plenty of room for improvement.
In our plight We need established players. Recruitment for us will be difficult.

Even Chorley in the NL north pay crazy wages. They have Adam Henley there who played at Blackburn and I here he is on ridiculous wages for that level. A lot of teams in non league are full time now and tbh this should really be a “league three” we are in considering some teams in NL north and south have the financial backing decent size clubs. It’s not like how it was in then 90s when non league clubs were part time and even had to apply to get promoted when they won the league. I think it’s going to be a lot what Tilson said in the zoom call a few weeks back, look at the local young talent playing in the lower leagues and snap them up. Get a nice core of local/Essex lads in and get a feel good factor going into the season and have a 2/3 year plan on challenging for promotion with a squad that has stayed together and improved over the next few seasons.
This isn't true. I was literally at Victory Park last night playing football with Jamie Vermiglio and a few other people involved at CFC. There are plenty of off-pitch/non-financial reasons why players are happy to drop down to non-league and semi-professional.

Chorley are just an example of a well-run local club. They're skint, but they make their small income go a long way.

Ed Upson, who was constantly linked and on trial in the Tilson years, been released by Bristol Rovers. Could do worse if PB wants experience in midfield.

Preston have released Louis Moult who has played twice in about two years but has previously played in NL with Wrexham. Not sure if we're too much of a drop for him.

They also released Graham Burke who has been on loan at Shamrock Rovers the past three years. I'd imagine NL and the Irish League is similar quality.

EDIT: Just read he's signed a pre-contract with Shamrock

When Danny Kedwell was playing for Ebbsfleet in the NL South he was on £2,000 per week

I heard he was on something similar at Grays Ath. Maybe not that extravagant, but above and beyond the average player at that level.

Back