• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Starting to get a bit nervy in all honesty. We might be one of the bigger clubs in the National League, but many others have got far more financial power than we have. Money talks and I would imagine that’s true more so at this level.

The likes of Wrexham and Stockport are paying decent fees for very good players. Anyone who thinks we should be walking this league might have a bit of a shock. Sadly I think our stay in the National League might be a bit longer than any of us would’ve wanted.

I think anyone who thinks this is going to be a 'one season wonder' needs their head checking.

Getting out of the National League the right way is no easy feat and as you rightly say there are many clubs with greater financial might and even more far better organised off the pitch for a tilt at promotion.

I think anyone who thinks this is going to be a 'one season wonder' needs their head checking.

Getting out of the National League the right way is no easy feat and as you rightly say there are many clubs with greater financial might and even more far better organised off the pitch for a tilt at promotion.
I can’t see us getting automatic but think we should be capable of top 7 and hope then we are fitter than most at the end of the season may give us a chance for the second spot. Realistically I think a lot depends on Fossetts as once given the go ahead will release extra funds to Ron which may help to get us over the line as there are no transfer restrictions in NL until the 31st March if I have understood correctly

I can’t see us getting automatic but think we should be capable of top 7 and hope then we are fitter than most at the end of the season may give us a chance for the second spot. Realistically I think a lot depends on Fossetts as once given the go ahead will release extra funds to Ron which may help to get us over the line as there are no transfer restrictions in NL until the 31st March if I have understood correctly
I dunno... Usually massive construction projects consume massive funds rather than release them.

Last edited:

100% agree with this. I feel the top 2-3 spots are more or less taken by Wrexham, Stockport etc but i feel a play off spot is not out of the question, and as you say if FF is agreed anytime soon, some funds will become 'available' may be for 22/23 season.

I get the feeling PB and team are looking for a tall targetman sort of striker. If that is the case, there may not be too much choice in terms of free transfers. Courtney Duffus (Bromley) and Joe Quigley (Yeovil) will cost money and presumably the sort of money Southend were prepared to pay for Jake Hyde. One thing is clear. The club needs to be decisive and to get in another striker while pre-season is still in its early stages.

A less expensive possibility might be Mike Fondop-Talom, a 6' 3', 27 year old striker recently freed by Burton. Fondop-Talom has a pretty respectable goalscoring record in the National League. Interestingly, some Halifax fans believe Fondop-Talom might be a good replacement for Hyde.
Duffus and Fondop are two I highlighted we should be looking at last season and would definitely be looking at again now.

Back