• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Phil Brown announcing that he doesn't have much budget left for the trialists ....

Does this mean, he has signed players that are yet to be announced or are we really only looking at 1 or 2 loan players through the door?

This sounds very worrying to me

It is slightly worrying as I feel we still need 4/5 players

Looking at the contract tracker thread we have
2 x GK
2x RB
2x LB
3x CB (4 if Lennon stays)

3 x CM
4 x Wingers (5 if Holmes stays)

3 x CF

plus youth players

what positions do you still want to see bought in?
I think an attacking midfielder and a young loanee striker and then we should be ok

I do think we still need a few more reinforcements but I have to admit I do keep forgetting we have no set transfer window now.

Looking at the contract tracker thread we have
2 x GK
2x RB
2x LB
3x CB (4 if Lennon stays)

3 x CM
4 x Wingers (5 if Holmes stays)

3 x CF

plus youth players

what positions do you still want to see bought in?

GK (2) Arnold, Seaden
RB (2) Demetriou, Howard
LB (2) Ralph, Clifford
CB (4+1) White, Coulson, Hobson (Lennon), Mitchell-Nelson
CM (6+1) Ferguson, Dunne, Ogogo, (Atkinson), Phillips, Gard, Benton
AM (6+1) Egbri, Bridge, (Holmes), Nathaniel-George, Walsh, Kinali
F (3+1) Murphy, Akinola, Rush, (Halford)

You then have O’Shane Stewart, Reiss Chandler and the third year scholars forming the u23s.

I’d expect another couple of forwards - at least one of them on loan and then I think we’re in a situation where there needs to be departures before there can be additions.

Last edited:
Phil Brown announcing that he doesn't have much budget left for the trialists ....

Does this mean, he has signed players that are yet to be announced or are we really only looking at 1 or 2 loan players through the door?

This sounds very worrying to me
Not at all worrying, it is Phil Brown speak to the trialists that you need to step up and make me sign you. I am not taking you all on so go the extra mile, do not sit in the comfort zone.

Not at all worrying, it is Phil Brown speak to the trialists that you need to step up and make me sign you. I am not taking you all on so go the extra mile, do not sit in the comfort zone.
Exactly this, people read into things too much, he has 3 strikers on trial, he can't sign all of them, they all need to prove themselves to want that spot.

He is also trying to tone down the likely wage demands of players and agents, if they think the warchest is running almost on empty they might be happy to settle for a little less cash. It is tough out there this season, lots of league quality players will be playing in the National league next season because clubs will be reducing their squads and relying on the under 23s etc as cover.

There was a guy stood with our scout Anton Robinson at last nights game - looked like Mr Mensah
Mensah's foot is in a cast at the moment - that would probably be a good way of identifying whether it was him or not. I would be surprised if he stood up all game if so!

He is also trying to tone down the likely wage demands of players and agents, if they think the warchest is running almost on empty they might be happy to settle for a little less cash. It is tough out there this season, lots of league quality players will be playing in the National league next season because clubs will be reducing their squads and relying on the under 23s etc as cover.
Yep, if you go around saying "we have a decent budget to spend" every player and their agent will try and take you to the cleaners.

Reactions: JAL

Look, I don't mind you coming onto our forums, but can you stop posting sensible things like this.

It doesn't fit in with our moaning agenda ☺️

We need to be realistic we don't have a big budget compared to some of the teams in this division. Even Brown says we don't have much of a budget left. We might need to use that during the season for injuries etc
We only got Murphy, Rush (not proven at any level yet) and possible loan striker. It's an area which doesn’t fill me with much confidence at the moment. I have feeling brown will try play same way when we was league 2 in 14/15 era and try get 1-0 wins, I guess its massive improvement from last few years.

Arnold, Seaden
Demetriou, Howard
Ralph, Clifford
White, Coulson, Hobson (Lennon), Mitchell-Nelson
Ferguson, Dunne, Agogo, (Atkinson), Phillips, Gard, Benton
Egbri, Bridge, (Holmes) Nathaniel-George, Walsh
Murphy, Akinola, Rush (Halford)

You then have O’Shane Stewart, Reiss Chandler and the third year scholars forming the u23s.

I’d expect another couple of forwards - at least one of them on loan and then I think we’re in a situation where there needs to be departures before there can be additions.
What happened to Eren Kinali - he looked a really good prospect and was sacrificed last season due to the embargo.

Ferguson, ANG and Akinola all look capable at this level but if they aren't in PB's plans 'cos they're not his players that squad looks a bit thin. If PB could put a rocket up Ferguson and give ANG some direction they'd be key players. A make or break season for some of those fringe youngsters too. If they step up to the plate (and get the chance to) they could make a difference. If they're still fringe players of an NL team by the end of season you wonder where their careers are going.

Yep, if you go around saying "we have a decent budget to spend" every player and their agent will try and take you to the cleaners.

That’s why clubs have undisclosed fees, the selling club don’t want everyone to know they have a million quid to spend, or in Colchester’s case 10 grand:Smile: Mind you I am sure the transfer fee paid gets known within the game anyway……

Back