• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Ferguson, ANG and Akinola all look capable at this level but if they aren't in PB's plans 'cos they're not his players that squad looks a bit thin. If PB could put a rocket up Ferguson and give ANG some direction they'd be key players. A make or break season for some of those fringe youngsters too. If they step up to the plate (and get the chance to) they could make a difference. If they're still fringe players of an NL team by the end of season you wonder where their careers are going.
I can't see Ferguson leaving. He continued playing under Brown last season until he got an injury. He also played in the second half yesterday.

Akinola and ANG are strange, no news from the club directly but from the Echo. With both having surgery recently and Akinola testing positive (suggests he was due in for training and was potentially available for the friendly?) means they might be difficult to offload.

I hope we are not putting all our eggs in one basket with Murphy, should he get injured we need players who can see up to the plate, otherwise it could destroy our season, last year shows how inept strikers can cost you.

I cannot believe we won't strengthen our attacking options further. I'm sure PB will get in a permanent signing, a loanee, or whatever. We won't make the catastrophic mistake of the last transfer window. It is blindingly obvious where the squad still needs bolstering.

I hope we are not putting all our eggs in one basket with Murphy, should he get injured we need players who can see up to the plate, otherwise it could destroy our season, last year shows how inept strikers can cost you.

Don't forget though, there is no transfer window, so potentially if we do get an injury, we aren't necessarily stuck with what we have.

Obviously better to have cover to start with, at it probably won't be easy to sign anyone outside of the window!!

With the transfer window or not? can players move anytime from FL to NL? Or do they have to be either out of contarct or already NL?

With the transfer window or not? can players move anytime from FL to NL? Or do they have to be either out of contarct or already NL?
As I understand it,Once the FL transfer window is closed, players can only go out on loan to NL clubs. But the loan system for the NL does have a cutoff date around April. However, loans can be extended after that date.

I'm sure Stockport signed Paddy Madden from Fleetwood in March.

As we have no transfer window in the NL, we can sign anyone, whenever we like. Doesn’t matter if they are under contract and a fee is required, a free agent or a loan.

Also, doesn’t matter what league or what country they are in. It’s all about our window, not the window of other leagues/countries.

GK (2) Arnold, Seaden
RB (2) Demetriou, Howard
LB (2) Ralph, Clifford
CB (4+1) White, Coulson, Hobson (Lennon), Mitchell-Nelson
CM (6+1) Ferguson, Dunne, Ogogo, (Atkinson), Phillips, Gard, Benton
AM (6+1) Egbri, Bridge, (Holmes), Nathaniel-George, Walsh, Kinali
F (3+1) Murphy, Akinola, Rush, (Halford)

You then have O’Shane Stewart, Reiss Chandler and the third year scholars forming the u23s.

I’d expect another couple of forwards - at least one of them on loan and then I think we’re in a situation where there needs to be departures before there can be additions.
This made me laugh a little bit seeing his name there... You spent most of your career playing as a defender at a high level and now you're so far passed it your own supporters don't even recognise you as a defender anymore. It reminds me of the school yard when you had someone really **** on your team and between you and your mates you said 'What should we do with him?', 'I dunno...', 'Should we just stick him up front?'

Sounds harsh, that was just my train of thought.

This made me laugh a little bit seeing his name there... You spent most of your career playing as a defender at a high level and now you're so far passed it your own supporters don't even recognise you as a defender anymore. It reminds me of the school yard when you had someone really **** on your team and between you and your mates you said 'What should we do with him?', 'I dunno...', 'Should we just stick him up front?'

Sounds harsh, that was just my train of thought.
I’d say it’s more like the FA Cup tales of yore before there were subs when someone would get injured and you stick them up front and tell them to be as much of a nuisance as they can be in the circumstances, hoping they can be marginally more useful than playing with 10 men.

I get why he was signed when we were released from embargo as the window was closed, was surprised when he was retained in January but I’m flabbergasted there’s even a contract on offer now.

I heard that had fallen through and he was training with another club. Maybe we are waiting to see if Holmes signs first

Back