• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been hidden because it is a standout signing?

From what I can gather, the Club weren’t happy about how “public” the signing of Mooney was before it happened, and same with how much is being spoke about Lomas before he has signed.

Some things are being tightened up. I’m more being told numbers of things as opposed to we are talking to X, Y & Z. I’m hearing names when deals are 99% done, but not public.

I’ll be honest, mystery man number 3, I’d never heard of him. But as I’ve said before, that’s more down to my ignorance of this level, and the levels below of football. I’ve not heard of most of the signings we’ve made since we dropped into non-league apart from Murphy & Ogogo.

What I will say, is the guy is very promising, has been scouted intensely by more than one of our management team, his background has been checked into, and we’ve spoken to people who know him, and played alongside him, like a certain ex-Shrimper. He has passed all those checks, so that’s enough to get me excited about him as a player.

Is today going to be a refresh day for announcements

I'm a bit snowed under at work so I need to know where I should be prioritising my efforts. If i know early enough i can think up a decent excuse throughout the day for the lack of productivity.

Ollie has great potential but has played very few games at EFL or National league level so people need to be patient with him because he will make mistakes given his inexperience. He spent many years at Colchester (2008-2021!) and it was a surprise that we let him go along with several other promising young players at the time.
When we play you on 19th July, pre season game. You will see how good he is, now he is with the Best Team In Essex!
COYB, UTB :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Yea I thought he was a defensive centre mid and a decent cover for right back?

Very versatile on the defensive front, wouldn't be sure on his strongest position myself, possible one of the ITKs here or Non-League knowers will have an idea.

Interesting that @Smiffy lists Harry Taylor as a CB
I'm just going on the stats on transfermarkt. Of his 37 appearances this season, this is his positional breakdown. How accurate that is who knows...but from reading some Barnet fans views on him, it does sound like he's been deployed everywhere defensively for them this season, no doubt some of that is to do with the fact Barnets GA record was abysmal, only Dover were worse. But he's just cracked on with it and performed well (The best defensive performer according to Barnet fans and let down by others around him) in what was an atrocious defensive unit as a whole. Versatility is always good. Should we sign him, it will be interesting to see where he fits in. He will be well known certainly to Daz. So I'm sure they know what he is capable of, especially alongside a better defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back