• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ben Wynter is cooling off then....shame if that doesn't happen.
Wynter seemed a little too defensive for what we need
I liked how he played every minute last season and he’d have been a solid acquisition but given how reliant we are on our wingbacks to create I think someone with a more attacking profile might be a better fit. Now I’ve no idea if this guy is that style of player but I think we saw with Davies the type of wingback they want who can get forward and cross the ball. He didn’t quite live up to his billing but hopefully this guy will.

When we play you on 19th July, pre season game. You will see how good he is, now he is with the Best Team In Essex!
COYB, UTB :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

I am sure he will enjoy coming back he left on good terms, he knew he wasn't going to get much of a chance with us which was a great pity. He might be pitched up against John Akinde, so that would be interesting!

Someone who hasn’t been mentioned on this thread.

I now know who the third “mystery” player is.

I’d expect all three to be announced before the weekend, but in which order, and on which days is anyones guess…
Does Napster also know something that we don’t?

Picture needed standing next to something that proves it is today with the mystery name written on a piece of paper. Post on here after signing.

Welcome, finally, Matt Lockwood????

From what I can gather, the Club weren’t happy about how “public” the signing of Mooney was before it happened, and same with how much is being spoke about Lomas before he has signed.

Some things are being tightened up. I’m more being told numbers of things as opposed to we are talking to X, Y & Z. I’m hearing names when deals are 99% done, but not public.

I’ll be honest, mystery man number 3, I’d never heard of him. But as I’ve said before, that’s more down to my ignorance of this level, and the levels below of football. I’ve not heard of most of the signings we’ve made since we dropped into non-league apart from Murphy & Ogogo.

What I will say, is the guy is very promising, has been scouted intensely by more than one of our management team, his background has been checked into, and we’ve spoken to people who know him, and played alongside him, like a certain ex-Shrimper. He has passed all those checks, so that’s enough to get me excited about him as a player.
That is fair enough, if was leaked to other clubs, they would nick Mooney off us with bigger offers for non footballing reason.

I wonder if @londonshrimper. has an update for us on Lomas?

Probably best I give an update now right..

Terms were finally agreed in principle yesterday via his agent. Brackley were informed by Louis yesterday, but have of course announced he has left today (always was going to leave given the season he had, has not been short of offers this summer).

Louis will be travelling to Southend tomorrow for a medical, providing all goes well he will then be putting pen to paper on a two year deal. Will then likely be announced tomorrow or over the weekend.

He's really excited to join the club and cannot wait to get started.

Will be some signing by the club given the competition out there for a very highly rated young player destined to play much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back