• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, some ‘ITK’ people will be relieved, now some titbits have been posted. Of course until the club announce signings the embargo whispers won’t be silenced.
Blimey, the club scouting and recruiting up and coming hungry players! Who’d have thought. Almost like there’s a strategy or a plan of sorts.

Just out of interest, what's the latest time of the day that a new signing or 3 have ever been announced?
Anyone know???

He wasn't, I just checked.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play. They seem to have scouted him for a while.

I was excited about Wynter possibly coming, as were a few on here. I hope he is a better signing than Wynter and we don't live to regret not getting him.

On the flip side, I'm excited at seeing players we've not seen and are on the way up in their careers who are chomping at the bit.
He wasn't in the official one, but he was certainly in a couple of the TotS put together by non-league blog writers and voted "best RB in NLS" by some too. That Off The Line blog raves about him.

It's only shambolic if they don't have a good reason for not announcing. I'm taking a wild punt here, but what if they wanted to rectify staffing pay issues before hand? I would add I don't have any insider info, but I for one, wouldn't be overly impressed if staff were still unpaid and we announced new bums on the bench. No doubt all will come out sooner or later.
Absolutely correct.

It's only shambolic if they don't have a good reason for not announcing. I'm taking a wild punt here, but what if they wanted to rectify staffing pay issues before hand? I would add I don't have any insider info, but I for one, wouldn't be overly impressed if staff were still unpaid and we announced new bums on the bench. No doubt all will come out sooner or later.
Your "wild punt" fits neatly with stories I have received from 3 very unreliable sources. Still doesn't make it correct though, so back to waiting and seeing. i guess.

If any of this turns out to be true I would also hope that pay issues were resolved before announcing new additions to the payroll.

We have made 5 signings before July, has that ever happened before? The squad is shaping up really nicely now..... personally I think we only need 2/3 signings and we are pretty much there. I would like us to sign another centre midfielder and a pacy striker who will offer us something different compared to those we already have.

We have made 5 signings before July, has that ever happened before? The squad is shaping up really nicely now..... personally I think we only need 2/3 signings and we are pretty much there. I would like us to sign another centre midfielder and a pacy striker who will offer us something different compared to those we already have.
I actually think we're OK up top. We have Powell, Mooney and Bridge who can all stretch the play and get in behind. We just need another ball winner and an ACM to challenge Husin that can open sides up with those killer balls and dictate the play .... that has to be the key signing now. And another experienced GK to provide cover and keep Steve on his toes. Colin has potential but in a squad of young players suddenly going pro, he could do with a loan to develop and get game experience. Otherwise I think we have depth in all areas.

Few loan signings in July as well hopefully. Busy busy busy… Personally I can’t wait for the season to start now.
I must admit I'm getting that bug back interms of looking forward to the new season and getting back down to roots hall.

I actually think we're OK up top. We have Powell, Mooney and Bridge who can all stretch the play and get in behind. We just need another ball winner and an ACM to challenge Husin that can open sides up with those killer balls and dictate the play .... that has to be the key signing now. And another experienced GK to provide cover and keep Steve on his toes. Colin has potential but in a squad of young players suddenly going pro, he could do with a loan to develop and get game experience. Otherwise I think we have depth in all areas.
I still don't think we have anywhere near enough goals in the team. They're hard to come by at a sensible price but if we can somehow manage to pull off a miracle and be in a position to sign an actual goalscorer, I don't think anybody should be turning their nose up at the prospect.

I'd still say we need one more CB on top of what you've mentioned too, even if a loan. If MO next season is to play with 3 at the back then we need 5 CBs really. Not sure Ralph and Harry Taylor are naturals there.

I still don't think we have anywhere near enough goals in the team. They're hard to come by at a sensible price but if we can somehow manage to pull off a miracle and be in a position to sign an actual goalscorer, I don't think anybody should be turning their nose up at the prospect.

I'd still say we need one more CB on top of what you've mentioned too, even if a loan. If MO next season is to play with 3 at the back then we need 5 CBs really. Not sure Ralph and Harry Taylor are naturals there.
Dan Mooney will bang them in ...... expecting big things from him!

I would like us to sign pacy striker who can get 15/20 plus goals. Admittedly they are hard to sign and cost bit to. I'm kinda hoping we can unearth gem from somewhere or loan striker from prem under 21s who prepared to drop to the national league.

Agree to an extent but if Cards and Murphy are injured we need a back up. That may be a loan signing like Matty Dennis, who knows. But I’d welcome a proven goalscorer to bolster the squad. Might just give us the edge and be the difference. Icing on the cake perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back