• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem very upset that we haven't "announced anyone" don't they. I'm old enough to remember when we never signed anyone before July. We already have two through the door, always remember the better players tend to take longer especially if they are out of contract as they play clubs against each other for the best deal.

I don't know how people have time to constantly refresh Twitter/Sz and get themselves so wound up.
Not atall just when its been said the football department have done there job it makes you worry right or wrong who’s letting us down .

Not atall just when its been said the football department have done there job it makes you worry right or wrong who’s letting us down .
I don't think anyone is necessarily letting anyone down, it's not unusual for things to take time in June. I imagine things will step up in pace once players return to their pre-season training and nobody is sunning themselves in the Greek Islands anymore.

Don't forget it's not just football staff who take a break this time of year. Media, commercial etc etc. If medicals were done on Friday, I certainly wouldn't be expecting staff who may or may not have been paid on time that month to be staying late just to announce something that can be announced on Monday.

As with every year, late May and June are the off season. Things are starting to ramp up now across the leagues, it's very noticeable that more transfers are happening now.

Football clubs should be banned from announcing signings until the first game of the season. Then all the new players could be brought out in a parade before kick off. Would be fantastic. Then you could look around your team and be totally miffed about the ones you were expecting to be there having gone awol, and get a text from your mate who supports Northampton telling you your best centre mid has just rocked up at Sixfields. Would be great fun.

In all seriousness I think football clubs should consider a media blackout from the last playoff game until the start of pre-season training. Give the media guys who don't get paid the best money yet work 50+ hours a week a bit of a break from all the social media baiting from impatient fans. The fans then would have no expectations of 'announcements' and could properly concentrate on the cricket etc.

Not sure on that @Jai as the main reason for me to get along to the friendly games is to have a gander at the new signings and any promise among developing younger players.

Southend needs to sign players like Joe sbarra if they going to have any chance of getting out of this league...
Unlikely since he's signed a new 2 year contract at Solihull, a club with considerably more financial clout than us.

Unlikely since he's signed a new 2 year contract at Solihull, a club with considerably more financial clout than us.
Loads of rubbish when they get 1’5k or less at home, they have to pay their staffs much as they pay their players.

Pre season starts Weds. I reckon then the announcements will be made

Inside knowledge or a guess? Seems daft to me especially if they read here lol

Football clubs should be banned from announcing signings until the first game of the season. Then all the new players could be brought out in a parade before kick off. Would be fantastic. Then you could look around your team and be totally miffed about the ones you were expecting to be there having gone awol, and get a text from your mate who supports Northampton telling you your best centre mid has just rocked up at Sixfields. Would be great fun.

In all seriousness I think football clubs should consider a media blackout from the last playoff game until the start of pre-season training. Give the media guys who don't get paid the best money yet work 50+ hours a week a bit of a break from all the social media baiting from impatient fans. The fans then would have no expectations of 'announcements' and could properly concentrate on the cricket etc.

No thanks.

It was traumatic enough when Dru didn’t rock up at St Andrew’s on the first day of the season and we all know what happened next……..

Reactions: Jai

Sky would be all over this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back