• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone on here is of interest given Maher’s last role?

He will have worked with the likes of Cameron Hargreaves (was on loan at King’s Lynn from February when their form picked up), Lucas Tomlinson (scored 7 goals from midfield on loan at Gloucester City in NL North), Ollie Hulbert (9 goals on loan at Gloucester City in NL North), Ben Liddle(was on loan at Queen of the South), Pablo Martinez (another who showed up at Gloucester City), Tom Mehew (was at Bath City on loan in NL South) and Kieran Phillips (had a spell at Chippenham Town in NL South).

I don’t think our recruitment is as dependent on having worked with someone as it has been in recent years but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of these turned up, maybe on trial in pre-season.

Also noticeable how their development squad players were getting loans higher up the football pyramid. Only Tommy Davis, Matt Rush and, briefly, O’Shane Stewart from our u23s were at loan at that level (and we’re at the foot of the table). The likes of Rob Howard, Terrell Egbri, Eren Kinali, Reiss Chandler were a step lower and Jon Benton, Miles Mitchell-Nelson two steps lower.

Anyone know much about the lad Mooney then? ex-Welsh U21 international, 22 years old, 12 goals in 36 last year (assume he must have played up front in a 2 or 3?).

Sounds like we could do a lot worse.

1 in 3 return from MF- and not in a free scoring side where it will be served on a plate. Out of contract this June.

FWIW he does follow Stan.

They are just going full time but I think he may have been already FT last year (i think a few were). Anyway would be no surprise at all as he fits profile and by all accounts as of now hasn't signed a new contract. You would imagine a few clubs will be sniffing around.

I do imagine when we go after players in the NL and they have played against us (home and away in this case and scoring) a plus will be they have our experienced our home/away support.

I wonder if we’ll be in for Kyle Hudlin? Stan spoke highly of him last season and they’d been in touch with eachother. He’s had a bit of a quieter season for Solihull, so maybe a bit more available than the start of the season?

6ft 9 striker, still only 21 years old and a fellow Brummy, so maybe Stan can work his magic and convince him that Southend is the best place to kick start his career.

I wonder if we’ll be in for Kyle Hudlin? Stan spoke highly of him last season and they’d been in touch with eachother. He’s had a bit of a quieter season for Solihull, so maybe a bit more available than the start of the season?

6ft 9 striker, still only 21 years old and a fellow Brummy, so maybe Stan can work his magic and convince him that Southend is the best place to kick start his career.
Struggled with regular minutes this season (possible injuries?) and think his contract expires in the summer (signed a 2 year deal in 2020 and no news of a renewal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back