• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we’ll be in for Kyle Hudlin? Stan spoke highly of him last season and they’d been in touch with eachother. He’s had a bit of a quieter season for Solihull, so maybe a bit more available than the start of the season?

6ft 9 striker, still only 21 years old and a fellow Brummy, so maybe Stan can work his magic and convince him that Southend is the best place to kick start his career.
Not judging him on this but didn't look much when he come on against us. Possibly a useful sub option if you want to hoof it in the box late on. As you say he's 21 so prob a lot of scope to improve.

Hudlin would be an interesting one . At 6.9" the tallest current professional footballer. You would have thought anyone at that height would cause problems, like a Crouch. Just 21 years old and probably not fully developed physically,. Would offer something different especially if he can leap and head a football?
Man City sniffing around in August

Only managed 23 games scoring 4 goals this season, although more prolific in previous year, Not in squad for 14 games, ? injury and on the bench for 7. Lots to develop

I would expect Hudlin to go to a L1 or maybe even Championship club this window, not sure we would be in with a chance there. Not really the sort of target man you would expect from his build, he plays more like Dalby, dropping off to get involved in link up play.

Hudlin would be an interesting one . At 6.9" the tallest current professional footballer. You would have thought anyone at that height would cause problems, like a Crouch. Just 21 years old and probably not fully developed physically,. Would offer something different especially if he can leap and head a football?
Man City sniffing around in August

Only managed 23 games scoring 4 goals this season, although more prolific in previous year, Not in squad for 14 games, ? injury and on the bench for 7. Lots to develop
Only start 5 games and played one 90 minute game this season. Even last season, when he played 34 games, 20 were starts and he only finished 8 of them. Seems like a fitness/injury issue for sure.

He would be another one that would need lots of good crosses from wide areas, which is certainly something that will need addressing.

I'm loving the epiphany people seem to be having that signing players on their way up, is better than signing players on their way down.

Yes. Agreed. Mind you I think the 1st half of this season has left some deep scars that will take some time to heal.

Would take the Dover Centre forward . Caused us problems away .
Gyasi? Yes totally agree, he was impressive. He was on loan from Kings Lynn. How he couldn’t get in their team I’ll never know. Only 22 and another out of contract I think.

We don't need hudlin type due to having cardwell and dalby. We need striker who has pace to run onto flicks ons from either cardwell and dalby.
We don't need hudlin type due to having cardwell and dalby. We need striker who has pace to run onto flicks ons from either cardwell and dalby.
Are either Crown, Cadette, Ansah or Gray available?

Would be good to see the club make a move for Pierce Bird. Contracted at King’s Lynn but was loaned out to Halifax, where he made a few appearances towards the end of the season. Tidy, young left-sided defender. Impressed with Eastleigh and some experience lower down the pyramid too.

Also have to consider Ralph will probably be first choice on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back