• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be good to see the club make a move for Pierce Bird. Contracted at King’s Lynn but was loaned out to Halifax, where he made a few appearances towards the end of the season. Tidy, young left-sided defender. Impressed with Eastleigh and some experience lower down the pyramid too.

Also have to consider Ralph will probably be first choice on the left side.
What a forward pairing that would be. D. Feather & Pierce Bird upfront with Paxo in the hole.

Would be good to see the club make a move for Pierce Bird. Contracted at King’s Lynn but was loaned out to Halifax, where he made a few appearances towards the end of the season. Tidy, young left-sided defender. Impressed with Eastleigh and some experience lower down the pyramid too.

Also have to consider Ralph will probably be first choice on the left side.
Not to sure how much we see of Ralph seems to be injury prone he will get many knock’s from some of those big lumpy national league defenders next season .

We looked at our most potent up front with both Cardwell and Dalby playing and Dennis providing the pace. Worked well for a while.
A combination seldom seen. I will be unpopular for saying it but I think Dalby is a touch and a trick less than what we need and Cardwell is below that. They work hard but just don't have the bite or instinct we are desperate for. Dalby may learn and Cardwell may benefit from a good preseason but I have my doubts.

Stan’s definitely having a bit of tongue in cheek banter there. Absolutely no chance Austin is coming here or anywhere near the National League ?

He’ll be off to a Championship or League One club at a minimum. Would be good though…

Not all of our older players have been duds.

Cox
Fortune
Goater
Bradbury
Freedman
Harris
Etc were all decent strikers in their twilights.

If anything it's ageing defenders that have caused us all the problems.

You have forgotten Ferdinand. Both Thompson and Coker peaked in their careers with him organising them.

We leaked far to set piece goals last season. A lot of them after we had the wrong players on the oppos obvious target men.

We need to concede 20 less goals next season to have any chance. A proper leader at the back could save 10 by just getting the line right with things like Tom Clifford not marking their big number 4 who had already scored against us.

You have forgotten Ferdinand. Both Thompson and Coker peaked in their careers with him organising them.

We leaked far to set piece goals last season. A lot of them after we had the wrong players on the oppos obvious target men.

We need to concede 20 less goals next season to have any chance. A proper leader at the back could save 10 by just getting the line right with things like Tom Clifford not marking their big number 4 who had already scored against us.

True but ferdinand in his second season dropped his performances by about 50% because his legs had gone.

Dont even get me started on Liam Ridgewell!!!

Stan’s definitely having a bit of tongue in cheek banter there. Absolutely no chance Austin is coming here or anywhere near the National League ?

He’ll be off to a Championship or League One club at a minimum. Would be good though…
Marquee signing. Still waiting after many years!

a
Not to sure how much we see of Ralph seems to be injury prone he will get many knock’s from some of those big lumpy national league defenders next season .
Why is it always Ralph who is queried? Is he only player on the books who might be considered to be 'injury prone'?

A combination seldom seen. I will be unpopular for saying it but I think Dalby is a touch and a trick less than what we need and Cardwell is below that. They work hard but just don't have the bite or instinct we are desperate for. Dalby may learn and Cardwell may benefit from a good preseason but I have my doubts.
I tend to agree with your analysis , both lacking in movement in the box , the delayed run or the late run across the front of the keeper/first man are non existent, I know our crosses can be erratic but these two are not in the Brett Angel category of target men, even the flick ons in open play , what's the point as leads nowhere,
just play pass and move on the deck ,surging runs into the box win penalties! oh no! At least Murphy will be back ! No not on the deck not getting anything! from refs who knows his game,
Really looking forward to next season and any new players coming in!

I tend to agree with your analysis , both lacking in movement in the box , the delayed run or the late run across the front of the keeper/first man are non existent, I know our crosses can be erratic but these two are not in the Brett Angel category of target men, even the flick ons in open play , what's the point as leads nowhere,
just play pass and move on the deck ,surging runs into the box win penalties! oh no! At least Murphy will be back ! No not on the deck not getting anything! from refs who knows his game,
Really looking forward to next season and any new players coming in!
Of course they aren't as good as Brett Angel, they play for a club in the conference, Angel played for a club in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back