• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take your point, don’t think the embargo helped at all tho.

We missed out on a couple of players because of that (don't let anyone tell you otherwise!) so it certainly narrowed down the options on the whiteboard; hence the situation we find ourselves in being a player or 2 short in Central positions.

Doesn't that imply that defensively we did very well today?

Anyway back on topic, it's clear we urgently need a big lump up top, any clues as to whether anyone on the whiteboard meets that description?
It means the one attacking cross they made down the left that actually got in the box resulted in a goal … Keep fluffing it up how ever you want ..

Any news on when Murphy and Cardwell are back? Missing them badly at the moment.

Hope these loans prove fruitful. Need an absolute ****house of a centre back and a young striker in the Dalby mould. I really like the look of Rob Street from Palace. 6ft 2, scores with his head but useful with his feet and looks like he could hold his own physically. Scored against us in the Palace friendly too.

Any news on when Murphy and Cardwell are back? Missing them badly at the moment.

Hope these loans prove fruitful. Need an absolute ****house of a centre back and a young striker in the Dalby mould. I really like the look of Rob Street from Palace. 6ft 2, scores with his head but useful with his feet and looks like he could hold his own physically. Scored against us in the Palace friendly too.
He was playing in league 2 last season. I don't think Palace will want to loan him to non league after that if they want him to progress

He was playing in league 2 last season. I don't think Palace will want to loan him to non league after that if they want him to progress
2 goals in 18 at Newport though so not hugely successful. There’s hopefully a chance they might have some appetite loaning him down a league where you’d expect him to do well, score goals and find some form and confidence.

Can't help but think our defensive problems weren't a priority as the management put all their eggs in the Lopata basket.

Arnold
Morris kensdale lomas Ralph
Taylor Miley
Mooney husin bridge
Wreh

Hobson, Powell, funguck, striker, demi

Looks way more balanced other than perhaps wreh (I think a better understudy to Mooney).

Therefore we need a striker
I think that formation is the best which is suited to the players we have. It allows freedom to our attack minded players to be able to create and score goals. I would have Powell over bridge.

Can't help but think our defensive problems weren't a priority as the management put all their eggs in the Lopata basket.
If we have put all of our eggs in the Lopata basket, surely he would be with us right now..?

No one seems to have mentioned it but it was a fantastic ball by brunt to play in their guy who crossed for the goal. I don’t see anyone who made a mistake for that goal…which was their only chance of the match. It’s not the defence we need to worry about it’s the attacking threat…if we think Powell was our best attacker, which I did,then that is a concern!!!

If we have put all of our eggs in the Lopata basket, surely he would be with us right now..?
Not a chance. It's down to Sheffield Utd to decide what they do with they youngsters, especially ones that aren't toeing the line.

No one seems to have mentioned it but it was a fantastic ball by brunt to play in their guy who crossed for the goal. I don’t see anyone who made a mistake for that goal…which was their only chance of the match. It’s not the defence we need to worry about it’s the attacking threat…if we think Powell was our best attacker, which I did,then that is a concern!!!
Clifford went to sleep from what I made of it but haven't seen a replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back