• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt agree more... we shouldnt be....but we are. Was really hoping for a refreshing start and something a bit different this season. Why we are is history and cant be changed...its what we do about it in the immedaite future that matters. Fans can play their part by encouraging whatever players Kev puts out there in whatever formation he thinks best. Its great to be able to say our bit on here, but on matchdays I prefer to hear cheers and encouragment rather than negatives. I dont think were too bad at that on the whole.
Exactly, moan after the fact. Give everything during the game. We as a club are at our lowest ebb and that’s when fans need to leave their feelings at the door and display 100% support to the people (players/managenent) who aren’t the issue.

So, any fish ready to be caught? I’d like to think we’d have one through before the next game after the attacking woes on Saturday

I think after Saturdays game we need…

- Two strikers. Reading between the lines I think Cardwell and Murphy won’t be available for a long while (or at least fit enough to start) so we need two more through the door. A Josh Kelly pacy forward and a mobile 6 footer to add the muscle when needed.

- LWB. Sorry Cliff, love you but it’s very clear to me he isn’t quite at the level we need right now. Ralph is not a good enough LWB to step across either. He is a better LB/LCB.

- Centre half. Less important for me but we need back up.

So…any news on signings this week?

If you look at our squad the midfield area in the strongest part of the team.... defensively we are lacking strong commanding centre half! In attack we have the likes of Cardwell and Murphy still injured which is unfortunate, we do need another forward asap. I can't really see any permanent signings coming now due to lack of funds so the loan market is our best bet. Problem we currently have interms of getting loans in is clubs higher up the ladder ie prem/champ clubs don't particularly want to send their loans to national league clubs before 31st August when they can loan them to league 1/2 or spl clubs! I would be surprised if kev can get couple loans in this week
Yes agree looks like we will have to wait for the football league transfer window to close before we get any half decent loans.
I wonder if there is anyone left on the free transfer we could take a gamble on

Louis Lomas is a player who could potentially fix the problems at the back, but he isn't proven at this level, so I think expecting him to fix the problems would be unfair. He could (potentially) sure up the defence, whilst at the same time moving Ralph across to replace Clifford.

As for at the other end of the pitch, I'm not sure what we can do other than get in a big lump, on-loan striker and hope for the best.

At the end of the day, we are starting the season with a squad which isn't near having a consistent starting XI in it, which isn't for the want of trying - Josh Kelly is a good example - our past reputation, which is being rebuilt as we speak, isn't strong enough yet for clubs to want to deal with us (especially when it involves their best players). A few injuries have left us a little desperate I feel - let's hope we can sort out our problems quickly.

Let's see what the situation is in 9 games time.

According to transfermarkt Luke Prosser is a free agent. Blast from the past but was playing league 2 last year and left footed.

According to transfermarkt Luke Prosser is a free agent. Blast from the past but was playing league 2 last year and left footed.
34 years old now - can you imagine the reaction on here?

Greenidge is an interesting one, 6'6" and played a few games for Bolton in the league. Was on loan at Barnet with a view to a permanent deal but seems like he never signed one.

Greenidge is an interesting one, 6'6" and played a few games for Bolton in the league. Was on loan at Barnet with a view to a permanent deal but seems like he never signed one.
I know was hesitate to put it on here lol. Was captain at col u so leadership qualities should be there. It just just if the legs have gone or not. Played 27 games last year!!

I read that as 66, first of all. Imagine the SZ reaction to that...

Greenidge's last 4 games saw Barnet haemorrhage 18 goals (including a whopping 3 to Super-Sharp-Shooting-Southend), so I'd be happy if we steered clear here... :Winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back