• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreh alongside Powell proved on Saturday they Will score goals. How many? Remains to be seen.

But with only 1 option ... It leaves us extremely limited as every game where plan A doesn't work, will end in defeat ... Just like Saturday.

Lack of strikers has already cost us 3 points.

Wreh alongside Powell proved on Saturday they Will score goals. How many? Remains to be seen.

But with only 1 option ... It leaves us extremely limited as every game where plan A doesn't work, will end in defeat ... Just like Saturday.

Lack of strikers has already cost us 3 points.
Those two with Mooney in behind them can work. Only if, and it's a big if, we can play it to feet.

We played it to feet against Colchester and Wreh and co ripped them apart on several occasions in the second half.

However, we can't forget how much of a miss Demi is with his overlapping runs, pulling defenders away and creating space. Mooney was thriving off of that in preseason. Taylor isn't going to do that. He was so solid on Saturday but he isn't going to do those kind of things. Maybe we don't need that away from home and just need to keep it tight but we need some attacking threat from the wingbacks if we are playing them. No point having them otherwise.

In recent years as well as first team strikers (of variable ability) we has youngsters like Kelman and Rush on the fringe. This year I know a couple played against Concord but are either of them target man types or more of what we already have. I know it’s a big ask for a youngster to lead a line but without a loan is this the best chance of a plan B?

So we have gone from needing two strikers, one after Hyde come in, to now needing one signed urgently. I can't see Hyde, Murphy or cardwell playing for the next 4-6 weeks. This leaves us Wreh as a lone striker and untested at this level.

This simply isn't good enough. We have 3 tough games on the bounce and could quite easily find ourselves on 0 points after 4 games if this isn't addressed.

Totally agree. This is like a transfer embargo situation except we havent even got one. We've simply not bought in players in the positions we've needed to even though it's been identified and known for months. No excuses, this is poor planning.

Totally agree. This is like a transfer embargo situation except we havent even got one. We've simply not bought in players in the positions we've needed to even though it's been identified and known for months. No excuses, this is poor planning.
Mention that E word and I am sure some people will start assuming AGAIN

I thought plans included bringing in Kelly and Hyde and possibly having Murphy back but plans haven’t worked out so far

Not understanding the hate for Prosser on here, 100% committed, put his body on the line on numerous occasions for the club in the past. Instead we want a ball playing defender who can play tippy tappy football like we are Man City because that's worked so well in recent seasons.
I am pretty sure that ppl on here were crying out of a defender like that who would command and put his body on the line. As long as the legs or not gone (which doesn't seem as he played 27 league games) he could slot in at LCB pushing Ralph to LWB.

I imagine that the management team must, proverbaly, be 'working their socks off' to bring a striker in for the weekend. Although I only heard commentary on Saturday I felt the loss of Dalby has already hurt us. With him in the side I feel sure we would have salvaged something from the game. With no addition up front I, like others, fear for us next weekend. Could It be postponed due to the heat?😉

Our three main strikers all injured for the start of the season, and all probably fairly long term. It could only happen to us couldn't it. It's so par for our course in recent seasons its hardly even surprising anymore. Feels like we need to have half a dozen first-team strikers on the books to be sure of actually having one fit.

Those two with Mooney in behind them can work. Only if, and it's a big if, we can play it to feet.

We played it to feet against Colchester and Wreh and co ripped them apart on several occasions in the second half.

However, we can't forget how much of a miss Demi is with his overlapping runs, pulling defenders away and creating space. Mooney was thriving off of that in preseason. Taylor isn't going to do that. He was so solid on Saturday but he isn't going to do those kind of things. Maybe we don't need that away from home and just need to keep it tight but we need some attacking threat from the wingbacks if we are playing them. No point having them otherwise.
We were trying to play it to feet in the second half to be fair, the problem was that Boreham Wood were more than happy to put all their bodies in the box which makes it hard to find space. We may have more luck with it in away matches where the opposition is likely to push forwards.

They might do if we get behind them rather than making the assumptions it's not going to work. Neither played 90 minutes

Just asked a question Linda. You are right, although Wreh played 78 minutes with one good header, and Powell did his trick of never looking up.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

Glad I didn’t say that, would have been put on the naughty stall 🫢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back