• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was involved in not far off 10 in pre-season scoring 5 (in 5 games).
Very quick, direct and makes things happen. If he had a reliable end product he would be in at least L1. But he works hard enough that this will improve (but not if he is sat on the bench getting splitters in his bum..)

He should have started on Sat. In hindsight Ken might agree (but credit he made the change at HT).
Unlikely given that the seats are plastic.

I think it’s understandable that clubs want their loanees to get a guarantee of good game time - the whole point of a loan, from the bigger clubs perspective, is that it will enable their player to gain valuable experience, which won’t be had if they’re sitting on the bench most games.

I’m surprised we’re not agreeing to “guaranteed” playing time, who else have we got? :Hilarious:

But, why would you guarantee that a player has to play a certain percentage of matches, otherwise you are hit with extra fees, when said player is just as likely to go for poor runs of form, injuries, suspensions, etc.

If you was a midfielder for example, and you knew you had to play a certain percentage of matches, would you try your upmost in training knowing you have a better than good chance of playing?

Phil Brown turned down Adam Drury, who was at Man City because of this clause. He signed for St Mirren instead.

Division 4 have played twice now & there is the League cup tonight followed by another round of games on Saturday of course.

By then, there may be some unused strikers who might consider dropping down a league (and getting time on the pitch) rather than staying where they are and being part of the match day squad.

Probably just me clutching at straws though.

Things are progressing along. With Hyde’s injury, and a few others carrying knocks, attempts have been stepped up. The three amigos, John Still, Stan & Tom Lawrence are working round the clock.

I know of one deal we have knocked on the head because they wanted their player to be “guaranteed” playing time, and we won’t agree to that. The same has happened under all the managers since Tilson that I know of.
If its a striker its guaranteed they will have enough playing time

Completely agree. A very selfish player who needs to pass more

He’s not selfish just limited.

He was involved in not far off 10 in pre-season scoring 5 (in 5 games).
Very quick, direct and makes things happen. If he had a reliable end product he would be in at least L1. But he works hard enough that this will improve (but not if he is sat on the bench getting splitters in his bum..)

He should have started on Sat. In hindsight Ken might agree (but credit he made the change at HT).

I’m not sure pre-season goals against Kings Langley and Canvey (both at least two divisions below us) is that helpful for establishing that he’s good enough at this level.

I believe he was involved in just one goal in 4 appearances against National League North and higher opponents, which I think is more in keeping with his returns last season as well.
Things are progressing along. With Hyde’s injury, and a few others carrying knocks, attempts have been stepped up. The three amigos, John Still, Stan & Tom Lawrence are working round the clock.

I know of one deal we have knocked on the head because they wanted their player to be “guaranteed” playing time, and we won’t agree to that. The same has happened under all the managers since Tilson that I know of.
I thought John Still was on holiday?

Not it isn’t. What if they turn out to be crap like Kargbo?

That's your opinion, and I accept that.

But from a football perspective, Wreh and Powell created more than 2 clear chances but unfortunately didn't deliver this time around.

Powell's drive in to the box that was saved

Wrehs cut back in side the box that he probably came close to taking your head off with.

The header from Wreh that was saved

Powells mentioned freekick

Powells cut in from the edge and again probably came close to hitting you

And of course, Mileys volley which was a bloody good bit of goal keeping

These are all big chances but they have all proven in preseason that they know where the net is. So if they keep creating these chances, they WILL score
Not trying to be pedantic, but although the keeper’s one handed save from Miley’s volley looked spectacular, the shot was actually going wide.

I think it’s understandable that clubs want their loanees to get a guarantee of good game time - the whole point of a loan, from the bigger clubs perspective, is that it will enable their player to gain valuable experience, which won’t be had if they’re sitting on the bench most games.

I’m surprised we’re not agreeing to “guaranteed” playing time, who else have we got? :Hilarious:

Sheffield didn’t have that clause because Neal and Kasper didn’t need it. They are the sort of lads who make sure they are in the starting 11….., Exactly the type you need in the NL.

As Yorkshire mentioned a Kargbo type with a guaranteed start would do untold damage to team spirit.

He’s not selfish just limited.

I’m not sure pre-season goals against Kings Langley and Canvey (both at least two divisions below us) is that helpful for establishing that he’s good enough at this level.

I believe he was involved in just one goal in 4 appearances against National League North and higher opponents, which I think is more in keeping with his returns last season as well.

I thought John Still was on holiday?

Not it isn’t. What if they turn out to be crap like Kargbo?

John Still is on holiday, but he certainly hasn’t “switched off”.

What about if we brought one in by Saturday, then Hyde’s injury is sorted in a couple of weeks, and Murphy & Cardwell come back quicker. This loan signing could then be fourth or even fifth choice behind those and Wreh, but has to play a certain percentage of matches.

What if Murphy returns with goals in his first 5/6 matches, but then has to be dropped to the bench to accommodate this loan signing we brought in because we were between a rock and a hard place at that moment in time.

I don't think that strategy has served us particularly well in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back