• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any kids we can give a run out in our youth that are strikers? Just in the interim whilst we sort out a loan/perm striker?
The boys Fiddis and Sandat seem to keep on scoring (and on target yesterday at Ipswich). I've no idea what position either of them plays, though.

It would have been if we’d put bloody Devonshire in the boat and then sunk it. Anyway, the main point was that he’s nailed on to score ☹️
I don't blame Devonshire at all to be honest. More to do with our own past conduct and a small club with budgetary constraints wanting certainty that they'll get the cash for the player they've sold as and when agreed.

I do agree with you though, Kelly and Coker will probably find the net on Saturday... :Facepalm:

Striker secured from Prem Lge club will be announced Sat morning
Maybe one of the Palace lads? Or Larson of Forest? He was rumoured a week or so ago.

Was thinking this morning, i'm surprised Kev hasnt used his Bristol Rovers connections to secure anyone since he's been here. All the players we have got in have (by the sounds of it) been found by Stan or Still and then we had the batch of guys from Sheff Utd via Curry's connections.

Just thought surely Rovers would have players they want to develop and hopefully have a good relationship with Maher from his time there...

Is there any kids we can give a run out in our youth that are strikers? Just in the interim whilst we sort out a loan/perm striker?

Unfortunately not. We’ve an abundance of attacking midfielders (Wood, Benton, Coker) who could play second striker but I think you’d have to dip all the way down to first year scholar Max Fiddes to find someone to lead the line and you can’t ask a 16 year old to match up physically against professionals.

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher is continuing his search for a new striker.

With Jake Hyde, Reece Murphy and Harry Cardwell all out injured the Shrimpers are short of attacking options for Saturday's trip to Solihull Moors.

And Maher knows Blues are in need of reinforcements in the final third.
"The priority is to recruit at the top end of the pitch," said Maher.
"But it’s not always easy to bring players in, especially in that area as teams don’t want to lose players in forward positions.

"With the loan markets Premier League clubs are waiting for League clubs for their under 23 players and they’re biding their time a little bit.
"We’re trying and we’re looking and fingers crossed we’ll get something done.

But when asked if a forward could be signed in time to feature on Saturday, Maher added: "It’s difficult but I don’t know."

Maher just said he’s not sure someone will be over the line in time for Saturday.
Suppose it will come down to whether he’s telling the whole truth in case Solihull get wind of it. That said he could have said we’re trying to get someone in without mentioning the name involved.

Not wanting to start groundhog day (and he isn't in ex-Shrimpers) but I see Lopata is not involved in the u21s either or even at games watching (as others not playing e.g. because of injury are). Clearly all is not well..something will have to happen before EFL deadline day or it will be 6 months playing with children or back to NL on loan or sold...BTW Sheff u21 beat Reading u21 (some of whom looked like they were 14) 2-1 in front of about 20 fans by the look of it..

Maybe one of the Palace lads? Or Larson of Forest? He was rumoured a week or so ago.

Was thinking this morning, i'm surprised Kev hasnt used his Bristol Rovers connections to secure anyone since he's been here. All the players we have got in have (by the sounds of it) been found by Stan or Still and then we had the batch of guys from Sheff Utd via Curry's connections.

Just thought surely Rovers would have players they want to develop and hopefully have a good relationship with Maher from his time there...
Most of the best players Rovers had last season who got them promotion were loan players, so that’s doubtful. They’d keep any half decent ones there. Think we’re looking at teams higher up with a bigger pool of talent.

What are the odds on Josh Kelly scoring on Saturday? I wonder if the club are regretting not pushing the boat out a touch further to get him in. What with Ben Coker nailed on to score too we’re starting at 0-2 so whoever plays up top has a big job on if we’re to get any points at all.
Yep , Ben Coker , that well known goal machine.

Not wanting to start groundhog day (and he isn't in ex-Shrimpers) but I see Lopata is not involved in the u21s either or even at games watching (as others not playing e.g. because of injury are). Clearly all is not well..something will have to happen before EFL deadline day or it will be 6 months playing with children or back to NL on loan or sold...BTW Sheff u21 beat Reading u21 (some of whom looked like they were 14) 2-1 in front of about 20 fans by the look of it..
Of course all is not well, he's made it clear he doesn't want to be there, they don't want to play him. Who knows if it leads to anything beyond a year rotting in the reserves.

Any news on when Murphy and Cardwell are back? Missing them badly at the moment.

Hope these loans prove fruitful. Need an absolute ****house of a centre back and a young striker in the Dalby mould. I really like the look of Rob Street from Palace. 6ft 2, scores with his head but useful with his feet and looks like he could hold his own physically. Scored against us in the Palace friendly too.
Rob Street now followed by Darren Currie on Twitter. He wasn’t when I wrote the above post 👀

Rob Street now followed by Darren Currie on Twitter. He wasn’t when I wrote the above post 👀
That would be a very decent loan signing. Not least because he would be a good fit formation wise making the front three/preferred formation work up top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back