• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, with that lack of options up front, but you actually stated you need 2-3 goals to win a game. That is factually incorrect and can only be true if we concede. My point is that our defence isn't that bad, you countered that by saying our attack isn't good enough, which doesn't really address the issue!
Until Lomas beds in and we find out defensive line up we look like conceding goals especially early on in games. With no striking options we may need the 2-3 goals to win games.

I personally welcome the rumours of big clubs with big pockets sniffing around our players. The more times we can sell on a player for a good profit the better. Hopefully we can keep Kensdale for the season at least though.

Might be good in L1 but not in the NL….. Lose your best young players and you stay in the division your in.

Plus those clubs with big pockets don’t have to barely put their hands in. Just like Spurs didn’t last season…We lost a great young LB and a very decent, just had his best season, forward before a ball was kicked.

Who knows we could have won both games with those vital areas covered.

Until Lomas beds in and we find out defensive line up we look like conceding goals especially early on in games. With no striking options we may need the 2-3 goals to win games.
And that's where we disagree. As I said, Borehamwood hardly troubled us, and that was before the sendings off. We're not world beaters at the back, but we look solid enough to me.

As for your other assertion that we're running out of time, I also disagree. It's still August!

So, over the course of the season, we need to score 92 to 138 goals!!

Top sides last year averaged just above or below 2 per game

For a full & honest analysis see:-

Could you imagine the championship season if he had fulfilled his potential here along side Freddy....we would of been premier league bound
Along with Kightly, probably Tilly’s two worst bits of judgement. Imagine if we’d loaned Kightly to Grays rather than releasing him and imagine if we gave Hooper a shot up front rather than sticking him on the wing 😩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back