• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not certain this week.

We are still looking, as KM stated in his interview with CP, however I don’t believe we are “close” to bringing anyone in at the minute.

However, these things change very quickly. As we saw with Musa, things can change last minute. KM et all could have a phone call this afternoon to say someone has become available and things change very quickly. Some bits are in the hands of the opposing Club to say “yes” then everything else is a formality, and some we just need a “yes” from a player/agent.
It’s the problem of players and clubs in the EPL/EFL waiting until the transfer window closes, in the hope of getting a move to an EFL club. They know that if these don’t come off before the deadline they have the national League to fall back on.

I could tell you the name of the the CB we tried to sign just last week and why he turned us down. (Not because of Ron)

But I don’t want to be accused of fake news even by moderators, so I won’t.
I’m pretty sure no one would. Think the majority of us would just be grateful as always for some transfer knowledge/news.

I’m pretty sure no one would. Think the majority of us would just be grateful as always for some transfer knowledge/news.

Even from the opening two games it’s obvious we need another CB. One that can organise sone promising youngsters in the back 4/5z

He was experienced and captained at another club. I guess that sort of player is who we might see soon rather than another untried PL 20 year old…… Unless of course Sheff U see sense.

Along with Kightly, probably Tilly’s two worst bits of judgement. Imagine if we’d loaned Kightly to Grays rather than releasing him and imagine if we gave Hooper a shot up front rather than sticking him on the wing 😩
It would of been us beating United 4-0. Ron would of sold, we would have a consortium lead by Stan who would now be chairman and abley assisted by Alison Moyet as CEO.

Front line would now be Kiefer Moore and Sada N'Daye's son Makeahmy

I could tell you the name of the the CB we tried to sign just last week and why he turned us down. (Not because of Ron)

Were they a qualified steward as well?

Might aswell close this thread till 1st of September, no 1 will be coming in on loan when league 1/2 and spl clubs will have first options on loans we might be interested in. From prem/champ club perspective it makes no sense to loan their young talent to non league side in August.

Might aswell close this thread till 1st of September, no 1 will be coming in on loan when league 1/2 and spl clubs will have first options on loans we might be interested in. From prem/champ club perspective it makes no sense to loan their young talent to non league side in August.
We don't know what we don't know, so the thread can remain open in case something breaks that we do know about!

It has gone quiet for a lot of non league clubs. We are all waiting for the football league clubs for loans. Makes sense why we don't have a transfer window until March

Ogo Obi is a name I’m seeing a lot of on Twitter this evening. Having just signed for Hemel Hempstead, I'm guessing it’s just chatter rather than anything serious.

Ogo Obi is a name I’m seeing a lot of on Twitter this evening. Having just signed for Hemel Hempstead, I'm guessing it’s just chatter rather than anything serious.

Where you seeing that? I looked up his name and southend and found one tweet from 2017

We desperately need fire power. Wreh is inexperienced at this level and with 3 strikers on the bench we need another player in.

All 3 strikers could be injured for several more weeks or months.

Whi

While I appreciate you will not be giving the name of the CB who turned us down, or, his reasons for not signing could you say categorically that the reason we were looking to sign a central defender was not in any way linked to Ipswich's alleged interest in Kensdale?

Whi

While I appreciate you will not be giving the name of the CB who turned us down, or, his reasons for not signing could you say categorically that the reason we were looking to sign a central defender was not in any way linked to Ipswich's alleged interest in Kensdale?

I don’t know anything about Ipswich and Kensdale so can’t comment.

I would guess it’s more to do with playing 3 CB’s. We need another experienced one rather than drag Ralph away as cover from his strongest position which has always been left wing back.

Yes I appreciate that this the obvious reason but one assumes if Kensdale was to suddenly go a replacement would be needed as a matter of urgency.
Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes I appreciate that this the obvious reason but one assumes if Kensdale was to suddenly go a replacement would be needed as a matter of urgency.
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
In theory we are already one CB injury away from being short. I know Ralph can play there but is so much better as a LB or LWB. So we probably need one more already. If Ollie was to leave then two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back