• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chesterfield signed him for a fee in February so I doubt they will want to sell. We might have been interested before that happened though. Would be a cracking signing, but can't see it happening.
Does seem a bit of an outsider's chance for Whelan but interesting because Stan only started following him today I believe...

Stan followed him and tweeted him when Eastleigh played at ours on the Tuesday night back in October. Think this is a non-starter personally, but would love to be wrong
Interesting. I checked Whelan's page earlier today and it wasn't showing anyone I follow who followed Whelan. Might have been a Twitter issue

The most important news on here is the success of the new traffic light system. It should save hundreds of pages of wild speculation this summer. Its now difficult for someone to claim we have missed out on player X when he never got above a red light.
Agree Riggers.

It's been a pet hate of mine and most others for years, so figured it would be a useful addition.

I suspect it won't always prove to be accurate, but if it saves scrolling 1000's of pages of ridiculous names it's worth the effort.

Agree Riggers.

It's been a pet hate of mine and most others for years, so figured it would be a useful addition.

I suspect it won't always prove to be accurate, but if it saves scrolling 1000's of pages of ridiculous names it's worth the effort.

Also it will reduce certain posters demanding you name your source etc when you do have good info. People like BoyWonder have been personally attacked.

There are all sorts of reasons why you cant actually name a player before the news is official. Trying to cheer people up with we are close to signing a CB etc can end up with accusations of "I know something you don't". School playground teasing is certainly not the intention of anyone who has some inside info.

Agree Riggers.

Would I be right in thinking too many reds will lead to a suspension?

It's not often I can say this over recent years, but today has been a great day to be a Shrimper. Two very encouraging signings (both saying the right words), very early additions to the squad, and the exporting Clubs not overly happy that these two have come to us. How often has that happened over the last three years.

Any reason sam smart is not on the list on page one?
Not huge amounts of "chat" amongst the fanbase just yet that I’m aware of.

Fluid situation, so names can and will be added as proper info/further "chat" becomes apparent…

Will probably have a purge of some of those with a ❌ over the next few days and look to replace with some new names.

That said I will add Smart to the list, as there has been a little "chat" lately, albeit limited.

Last edited:
Alex Lacey CB from Notts county. Just released and rumours on Twitter about him possibly coming. Played under Still at Luton? And is a ball carrying centre back so fits our style.

Alex Lacey CB from Notts county. Just released and rumours on Twitter about him possibly coming. Played under Still at Luton? And is a ball carrying centre back so fits our style.

You mean Off The Line has mentioned he’d be a good fit, and it’s been retweeted by a couple of Southend fan accounts?

He isn’t followed by Stan though, but is by Steve Arnold. Not sure if that has the impact however….

Off the Line just mentioned us as a possible destination due to the kind of CB he is and how he'd fit well into a back 3. He wouldn't be a bad addition at all, though.

I would refer to the comment on Lacey from the retained list from a Magpie fan:

"Alex Lacey - Quality player but probably misses too many games with knocks and niggles to justify being one of our highest earners, so fair enough."

I wouldn't want to see us back track to signing players that are going to be on the Boots and laces treatment table, more than on the pitch at the Hall again. For me I would steer well clear.

* Obviously this leaves me wide open to people pointing to the injury history of Steve Arnold prior to coming here.

** I would point to CB signings Coulson and Liam Ridgewell in my defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back